Bosch Automotive Nickel Laser-Welded Spark Plug
Last updated date: February 6, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spark Plugs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spark Plug you should buy.
Update as January 6, 2023:
Checkout The Best Spark Plug for a detailed review of all the top spark plugs.
You can't go wrong with this top-notch spark plug. It's corrosion-resistant and made using iridium in the center and nickel on the outside. Thanks to the ultra fine wire design, the spark plug also ignites faster, increasing the overall performance of the plug.
In our analysis of 12 expert reviews, the Bosch Automotive Nickel Laser-Welded Spark Plug placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Bosch FR7KI332S Iridium Spark Plugs are engineered to deliver both high performance and long life, representing advanced original equipment (OE) spark plug technology. The ultra-fine wire design and laser welded tapered ground electrode deliver optimum performance, while the Iridium center electrode and Iridum-Platinum tipped ground electrode help it to go the distance. Bosch Iridium Spark Plugs are pre-gapped at the factory and feature nickel plated rolled threads that require no anti-seize, for simple, easy installation right out of the box. Unlock the performance in your engine with Bosch Iridium Spark Plugs.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spark Plugs
All machines that use gasoline engines are outfitted with spark plugs. This includes automobiles, lawnmowers, watercraft and aircraft. Spark plugs are responsible for creating the electricity needed to ignite the fuel mixture to start the combustion process and turn on the engine. Depending on the type of machine, you will most likely be able to replace the spark plugs on your own, without having to schedule an appointment with a mechanic.
As you begin shopping for the best spark plug, you’ll want to first make sure the plug meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) standards. You don’t want to invest money in a spark plug that won’t deliver reliability and durability.
Look for a spark plug that is able to improve your gas mileage and provide a faster start. For example, the NGK G-Power Spark Plug, 4-Pack uses a G-power platinum alloy that enhances its performance. The ground and center electrodes are able to retain a precise gap, while also creating a greater spark.
Review the spark plug’s outer shell next. You’ll find the Champion RC12YC Spark Plug uses a special TinTac and ULTRASEAL shell to protect the spark plug from corrosion. Corrosion is a spark plug’s enemy and will lead to the plug needing to be replaced prematurely.
Examine the design of the spark plug’s tip next. For example, the DENSO PLATINUM T T Spark Plugs, 6-Pack has a specially designed twin-tip that increases its ability to ignite. Others are made from a .6 millimeter laser-welded fine platinum that reduces the voltage required to start the engine.
Consider a spark plug that is designed to handle intense conditions if you’re into power sports. Models made using a yttrium-enhanced alloy to that reduce side wire temperature by 8% are a good choice. This type may also be made with colder heat ranges, so you can make modifications to increase performance.
The Spark Plug Buying Guide
- It’s important that you always double-check that the spark plugs are compatible with your vehicle before you purchase them. There are two ways to do this. You can contact the manufacturer directly and ask a customer service representative, or you can use the compatibility tool at the top of the product page of certain websites. All you need to do is select your car’s year, make and model from the drop-down boxes and click the “check fit” button.
- YouTube is flooded with step-by-step videos that will visually guide you through changing your machine’s spark plugs, whether that’s your lawnmower or family automobile.
- If you have a four-cylinder vehicle, you’ll need four spark plugs. Vehicles that have six cylinders require six spark plugs. It’s important to know how many spark plugs your automobile needs before placing an order, otherwise, you may end up ready to do the job without the right number of plugs.
- There are a few symptoms you need to keep an eye out for that will let you know your spark plugs need replacing. They include a decrease in fuel efficiency, slower acceleration and engine misfires.
- As you compare the prices for spark plugs, you’ll need to make sure you are comparing the per-piece price. So, if the spark plugs come in a set, you’ll need to divide the total cost of the plugs by the number of pieces in the set. When you do this, you’ll discover that the NGK G-Power Spark Plug, 4-Pack is the most affordable. You’ll pay a moderate price per piece for the Champion RC12YC Spark Plug.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide