Bodyprox Hinged Unisex Knee Brace Lacrosse Pads
Last updated date: May 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Lacrosse Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Lacrosse Pad you should buy.
Update as June 12, 2020:
Checkout The Best Lacrosse Pads for a detailed review of all the top lacrosse pads.
In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Bodyprox Hinged Unisex Knee Brace Lacrosse Pads placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Offers Maximum Support — Bodyprox’s heavy-duty Hinged Knee Brace is highly recommended ACL knee braces for men, to relieve any kind of knee pain, improve (medial and lateral) stability and helped recover from runner’s knee, sprains, athletic compression, sport-related injuries, mild osteoarthritis, PCL/MCL/LCL and other related ligament problems. A versatile meniscus knee brace that guides any kind of knee pain towards the natural recovery process. 4 size: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large. Featured with Dual Removable Support Hinges – A hinged knee braces for men and women which has Bilateral Aluminum hinges and padded buttress that provides a high level of support from previous injuries, damaged knee to prevent hyperextension and even without knee pain, as it protects the knee from further injuries without restricting the mobility! Ring-Shape Open Patella and Back Design — An excellent MCL knee brace should be made with Open Patella and Back with cushion to help lessen the stress/pressure to the knee, which Bodyprox Hinged Knee Brace has! It also ensures proper alignment for the kneecap and stabilizes the knee while the open-back is designed to ensure optimum comfort and avoids bunching for all-day relief! Latex-Free, High-Grade Material– Introduced with Advanced Neoprene thermal compression, Hinged Knee Brace and Stabilizer that is super lightweight, breathable compression and soothing warmth yet provides a better airflow to prevent skin irritation thus making it an ideal method for recovery and pain relief! Fast Relief without Movement Constraint!– The Bodyprox Hinged Knee Brace is a wrap-around knee brace for sports, versatile and user-friendly! The top and bottom Velcro straps are highly adjustable that ensures a snug fit from back to front with sturdy closure allowing a controlled compression for a custom fit and stays in place. Whether you’re looking for a knee brace for an ACL tear, knee brace for a meniscus tear and no matter what activities you’re into, this is a perfect knee orthosis brace
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Lacrosse Pads
Lacrosse can be a rough sport, with its combination of full-body contact and flying balls and sticks. Safety is vital for anyone planning to participate in the sport, starting with the first practice.
But not all players need the same level of protection. Beginners may be able to get away with a lower-tier, more affordable option. Younger players also may find their games aren’t quite as aggressive. As those younger players grow, though, an upgrade can easily become necessary.
As you choose protective gear, it can help to look at the most common injuries seen on the lacrosse field. Most injuries come from players running into each other or being hit with a stick or a ball. Strains and sprains are seen often, as are concussions. On the less serious end of things are bruises. Frequent players can also experience overuse injuries like tendonitis and stress fractures.
Although there’s never a way to eliminate the risk of a sports injury for an athlete completely, protective gear can make a big difference. Male players are required to wear the following, at a minimum:
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow pads
- Rib pads
Since girls’ lacrosse doesn’t involve as much physical contact, girls can get away with just a mouthguard and goggles. That said, individual teams and districts can set their own regulations for players.
For players, the issue becomes remaining protected without sacrificing mobility. Players need to be able to freely move their bodies in order to be at their best in a game. Lacrosse players need more mobility than hockey players in the shoulders and upper arms, so the shoulder pads will be lighter weight. But at the same time, they need to be built with a material that deflects impact to keep the player safe.
The Lacrosse Pad Buying Guide
- Lacrosse is a high-impact game. It’s important that parents be aware of that. In addition to purchasing the right safety equipment, make sure adults are on hand and always have a first aid kit nearby.
- To minimize the risk of injury, lacrosse players should stretch before each game. No matter what sport your players are engaged in, a physical can make a big difference. If the team doesn’t provide or require a physical, it’s always a good idea to schedule one anyway.
- Even with pads that have adjustable straps, fit can be limited to a certain build. Measure your player and pay close attention to the size charts provided by the manufacturer.
- Finding pads that protect while also being lightweight enough for comfort can be challenging. It’s all in the material. Look for one that’s designed to combine both.
- Lacrosse requires extreme physical exertion, often in hot temperatures. A liner that helps absorb or wick moisture will help keep your player dry if he starts to sweat.
- Male lacrosse players and female lacrosse players have different requirements. But also look into any regulations issued by your player’s team. You may find your team has specific equipment types that you need to look for while you’re shopping.
- If you’re buying lacrosse pads for a younger player, make sure you choose one built for youth. The sizes provided could be adult sizes, leading you to make the wrong purchase.
- Beginner players have different needs than those who are more experienced. You may be able to save on a basic set that includes arm pads, shoulder pads and gloves, then upgrade the items as your player advances and grows.
- Injury isn’t the only risk young athletes face. It’s important that all players remain hydrated. Have plenty of water on hand and make sure players drink as often as possible throughout gameplay.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide