BIRDROCK HOME Pet-Friendly Welcome Mat
Last updated date: February 24, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Welcome Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Welcome Mat you should buy.
Update as February 24, 2022:
Checkout The Best Welcome Mat for a detailed review of all the top welcome mats.
Dog lovers will enjoy this welcome mat, which reminds guests to wipe their "paws" before entering the house. It measures 18 inches by 30 inches, and is made from the husk of coconuts to provide an eco-friendly addition to your outdoor spaces. The strong, durable bristles swiftly remove dirt and mud from shoes without breaking down.
In our analysis, the BIRDROCK HOME BIRDROCK HOME Pet-Friendly Welcome Mat placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FRONTDOOR ESSENTIAL: The welcome mat provides a warm and inviting appeal to your entryway, doorway, front door or front porch. NATURAL COIR: Made from the strong and durable husk of coconuts as well as being vinyl backed for an adhesive grip to the floor. CLEAN FLOORS: Strong bristles wipe away dirt, mud and snow from your shoes, boots and sandals keeping your home clean. EFFICIENT CLEANING: Simply clean the mat by shaking, sweeping and vacuuming. DIMENSIONS: 36” Width x 24” Depth x .5” Height.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Welcome Mats
Your front door is the entryway to your home. It’s the first impression you make on guests, whether someone stops by to sell you something or friends and family come to visit.
For that reason, a welcome mat is more than just a place for visitors to wipe their feet before entering your home. Sure, it serves that purpose, but there’s also an attractiveness factor, as well. You want your welcome mat to set the tone for the rest of your house.
Before you start shopping, it’s important to know what to look for. As a general rule, the width of your welcome mat should be no more than 80% of your front door’s width. Measure your front door and pay attention to the dimensions of each welcome mat as you’re shopping.
The weight of your mat is also important. You’ll want a mat that’s durable, especially if it will be exposed to the elements. A nonskid bottom can make a big difference, giving you stability as you step onto it even when the ground beneath it is a little wet.
The build of the mat is also key. Most outdoor welcome mats are made of rubber, which is a durable, weighty material. But rubber can’t do as well when it comes to removing debris or mud from your shoes. For that, many mats will combine rubber and some type of raised fiber to remove the debris and moisture while also giving you a stable surface as you enter the house.
The Welcome Mat Buying Guide
- Welcome mats come in a variety of thicknesses. A thicker mat can provide more durability. Look for one that’s at least a half an inch thick.
- Keep in mind that if a mat isn’t underneath a covered area, it will have constant exposure to the elements. The sun will naturally fade the dyes in a mat over time, so you may want to look for one that’s built to hold up to daily UV exposure.
- If you’re environmentally conscious, there are eco-friendly mats made from natural materials like coconut husks.
- You can find a variety of design options, including some for pet lovers and some that will add a little class to your front porch.
- Keep in mind that you’ll occasionally need to clean your mat. Look for one you can spray off with a garden hose or wipe with a cloth.
- Although cast-iron doormats have become trendy, they aren’t so good at removing mud or debris. These mats are more for decoration than functionality.
- You’ll find doormats in a variety of shapes. Rectangular is the typical option, but semicircular and circular shapes are also popular.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide