BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder
Last updated date: June 11, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Collagen Peptide Powders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Collagen Peptide Powder you should buy.
You won't find any sugar, preservatives or artificial ingredients in this collagen peptide powder. This blend features type 1 and 3 collagen with an astounding 18 amino acids. With regular use, you'll experience softer skin, fewer wrinkles and faster hair growth. It also works to control your appetite, which may help you reach your weight loss goals. In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the BioSchwartz BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 11, 2020:
Checkout The Best Collagen Peptide Powder for a detailed review of all the top collagen peptide powders.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Collagen Peptides Powder with Amino Acids – Promotes Healthy Skin Hair and Nails – Bone and Joint Support Collagen BioSchwartz has developed a unique Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides formula with our team of professionals using stringent quality-control standards to ensure a premium boost of collagen peptides to our consumers. SUPPORT HEALTHY SKIN, HAIR AND NAILS WITH HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN PEPTIDES Collagen Peptides HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN PEPTIDES Our proprietary collagen peptide blend contains Type I & III collagen with a combination of over 18 amino acids sourced from Non-GMO, Pasture-Raised, Pasture-Fed Cows. EXCEPTIONAL BIOAVAILABILITY This clinically developed formula features small highly bioavailable peptide particles which are easily absorbed to stimulate collagen production at the cellular level for maximum results. MADE WITH PURITY TESTED/ALLERGEN FREE INGREDIENTS This neutral tasting formula, contains no artiﬁcial colors, ﬂavors, sweeteners, preservatives, ﬁllers, binders or harmful chemicals. It is free of lactose, gluten, soy, wheat, milk, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs and ﬁsh/shellﬁsh. THE SAFETY AND QUALITY OF OUR PRODUCT IS OUR #1 PRIORITY TO ENSURE YOUR PEACE OF MIND At BioSchwartz, we take product quality and safety to new levels and follow a strict manufacturing process. PROUDLY MADE IN USA. Our Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides for healthy skin, hair, and nails is manufactured in the USA. We establish stringent quality control standards in our manufacturing facility and manufacture all our supplements to exceed expectations set by cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices). Being a Professional Grade Supplement Company means that we use only natural and high-grade raw ingredients, which are routinely tested for purity and quality. FORMULATED BY PROFESSIONALS. Each one of our supplements is created by a team of highly experienced professionals to ensure the greatest benefits are achieved. PRODUCT SAFETY. While most companies only use 1 or 2 seals, our Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides has 2 seals: a pre-perforated neck-band and a heat-induction inner seal. THIRD PARTY TESTED. At BioSchwartz, quality, safety and efficacy are of utmost importance. After our supplements are manufactured, labeled and sealed, we take things a step further by enlisting 3rd party, independent labs to test once again for purity and potency. These labs further analyze our completed products to ensure and verify that the ingredients in our products are pure, safe and in the appropriate amounts as listed on our labels. SUPPLIER AUDIT. All our ingredients are bought from suppliers that go through a very thorough audit process to ensure they can meet our strict safety and quality guidelines. MANUFACTURING PROCESS. During the manufacturing process, we analyze samples every 15 minutes and visually inspect every single bottle at the end of the production line. OUR COMMITMENT TO EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY. At BioSchwartz, we create superior products through the perfect balance of the latest technologies and the finest nutrients nature has to offer. We are committed to providing the highest quality supplements. WHY CHOOSE BIOSCHWARTZ HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN PEPTIDES? Lady Peoples Tea Lady PROMOTES HEALTHY SKIN, HAIR & NAILS As we age, our collagen production levels decrease. Wrinkles and fine lines appear as a result. Hair can lose its youthful glow and nails can become brittle. Fight back with our Collagen Peptides to stimulate collagen production to restore that youthful glow! SUPPORTS BONES & JOINTS Joint health and bone strength can also fall victim to aging. Collagen works to support overall joint health by helping to repair tissues and cartilage to restore flexibility. Bone structure can also see benefits from collagen usage. STIRS IN AND MIXES EASILY Start your morning off right with a scoop of BioSchwartz Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides in your coffee or other favorite beverage! It mixes in and dissolves quickly into beverages. No flavor is added!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Collagen Peptide Powders
Collagen is an important protein found within the human body. It has a host of benefits and can be found in many different parts of the body, including your muscles, skin, tendons, bones and blood vessels. It’s also essential for good digestive health. If you’re on the hunt for the best collagen peptide powder, read this helpful guide before you buy.
Examine the collagen peptide powder supplement’s product label to determine its quality. For example, some powders have a lab test verification, a good manufacturing practice certification and a grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle stamp to show the cattle were never given antibiotics or hormones. The Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder is third-party certified and non-GMO verified.
Make sure the collagen powder works with your current diet. Unfortunately, most collagen powders are derived from bovine sources, which means they aren’t vegan or vegetarian-friendly. The New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder, however, does work with paleo diets and it’s certified kosher. Individuals following a gluten-free diet can also use this brand, as well as anyone who’s staying away from GMOs and products that have been exposed to pesticides.
Check to see if the powder is flavored, as this may affect the taste of the drink or dish you add it to. The Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder is unflavored and will dissolve in both cold and hot beverages. It’s also free of sugar, so it won’t sweeten your smoothies or beverages or interfere with your current diet plan. If you don’t want to add the powder to a drink, you can mix it in with a side dish instead, like mashed potatoes or applesauce.
Look for any extra nutrition that the collagen supplement may have to offer. The BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder, for example, has 18 amino acids, which is 10 more than most of the other brands on the market. Other brands have included vitamin C in their formulas, which is excellent for boosting your immunity during cold and flu season. You’ll even find a few companies use a digestive enzyme blend in their collagen powders to aid in breaking down the powder so it can be quickly absorbed by the body.
DWYM Fun Fact
Collagen is a protein that is naturally found in the body. It contributes to the health of the body’s hair, skin, nails, joints and bones. As you get older, your body begins to produce less collagen on its own. When this happens, you can increase your intake of collagen-rich foods or add a collagen supplement to your diet.
The following foods are best for individuals who need to boost their collagen levels:
- Wild fish with the skin attached
- Bone broth
- Egg whites
If you opt to add a collagen supplement to your diet instead, you’ll find most of them are made from collagen peptides. These are derived mainly from bovine, marine or porcine and contain at least 90% protein. They also have important amino acids that aid the body in absorbing the supplement.
So what benefits do collagen peptide supplements offer? For starters, they renew and repair your skin cells and help keep them firm. They reduce stiffness and swollen joints, which in turn relieves pain when walking. Collagen peptides are also essential for good gut health. They heal your gut’s lining and help your intestines absorb water. Additional benefits of taking a collagen peptide supplement include an increase in your metabolism, stronger teeth and better cardiovascular health.
The Collagen Peptide Powder Buying Guide
- Always review the collagen peptide powder supplement label, as some may contain eggs, shellfish or nuts that could cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
- Some collagen supplements state that you must wait up to two months to see results. This means you may need to purchase the supplement more than once before you can definitively say that it does or does not work.
- Not all of the collagen peptide powders dissolve easily in cold drinks. You’ll need to use hot liquids, like coffee or tea, to break up the powder for consumption. If you prefer a cold drink, you can always add ice cubes to cool your drink down after you’ve dissolved the powder.
- Always store the collagen peptide powder in a cool dry location. Moisture-rich environments may cause the powder to clump or spoil before the expiration date listed on the product label.
- Place the collagen supplement up high if you have children or pets in the home. Even though the product is all-natural, it may still be harmful if not taken properly.
- Make an appointment with your family physician to review the collagen peptide powder nutrition and ingredient label to ensure it is safe for you to take. This is especially important if you take any other medications that may interact negatively with the supplement.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers will also need to consult with their OB/GYN before taking a collagen peptide powder.
- Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not required to be evaluated by the federal government, so the health claims made by the manufacturer may not have been tested.
- Consider supporting a collagen manufacturer that gives back. For example, one company donates a portion of each sale to the non-profit organization Vitamin Angels. This organization supplies important nutrients to mothers and children in need.
- As you review the price for collagen peptide supplements, you need to determine the cost per serving. To do this, simply divide the price of the product by the number of servings. You’ll find the Orgain Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Protein Powder and the BioSchwartz Collagen Peptides Protein Powder are the cheapest with the New Zealand Collagen Peptides Powder falling in the middle. On the higher end of the price scale is the Sports Research Unflavored Collagen Peptides Powder.