Big Joe Roma Stain-Resistant Oversized Bean Bag Chair
Last updated: March 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oversized Bean Bag Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oversized Bean Bag Chair you should buy.
You won't have to take this oversized bean bag chair apart to clean it, as the material simply needs to be wiped down with a moist cloth. Unlike other models that use foam fillings, this chair contains the traditional beans of old. The chair is also lightweight and easy to move around the house.In our analysis of 104 expert reviews, the Big Joe Roma Stain-Resistant Oversized Bean Bag Chair placed 10th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Are you ready to be floored? Our Roma chair lets you get ground-level cozy for watching TV, playing video games, and just lounging about. You’ll get just the support and comfort you want with our Megahh Beans inside—and all the low maintenance You need with tough, easy-to-wipe-down smart max fabric outside. Bold colors and prints make a statement in your space—and Megahh bean refills (sold separately) Make a your Roma chair Sit like new.
What experts liked
Oversized Bean Bag Chair Rankings
Bean bag chairs aren’t just for children or teens. Oversized models provide plenty of space for relaxing with a good book or snuggling up in front of a warm fire to watch a movie with the family. In fact, most extra-large bean bag chairs are able to fit two adults. If you’re in the market for a comfortable chair to lounge around in, you’ll want to consider an oversized bean bag chair.
As you browse the available bean bag chair models, look at what the filling is made of. You’ll find some are stuffed with a premium soft shredded foam, while others contain a host of tiny little beans. There are even bean bag chairs made with memory foam. One important thing to consider when going with foam is whether the foam has been recycled. While recycling foam is great for the environment, it does tend to flatten more quickly than virgin foam.
Next, take a look at the oversized bean bag chair’s outer shell. Some chairs are made using SmartMax Fabric that is stain-resistant and wipeable. Other chairs use either a removable double-stitched microsuede fiber or a velvet cover.
Consider where you plan on setting up the oversized bean bag chair when selecting the exact size, shape and color. For example, if the chair is 60 inches by 60 inches by 34 inches, you may find it too big for a small bedroom but just right for a living room. If it’s available in 30 different colors, like some models are, you’ll be able to match it with the rest of your decor.
Don’t forget to review any extra features that the oversized bean bag chair may have to offer. For example, you can buy a model that converts into a Queen-size bed. That’s a really handy benefit if you have a visiting guest. There are also models that come with a matching footstool. That gives you some extra room to stretch out.
- Keep in mind that some oversized bean bag chairs may take up to 24 hours to fully inflate. If you’re gifting one to a child for their birthday, you may want to set it up the day before.
- If you feel that the bean bag chair’s fluff is too stiff or heavy, you can always open it up and remove some of the stuffing. The opposite is also true. Feel free to add stuffing to make the bean bag chair more firm.
- Every so often, you’ll want to fluff up your bean bag chair to keep it from becoming flat.
- Check the bean bag chair’s product care guide before you attempt to clean it for the first time. Some chairs have a wipeable surface, which means you can clean them with a disinfecting wipe or a little dish soap, water and a lint-free cloth. Others have removable covers that are machine washable. You may be able to tumble dry them using the low heat setting. If not, you can hang them on a clothesline to air dry.
- Oversized bean bag chairs do come in a wide price range. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option, go with the Chill Sack Memory Foam Oversized Bean Bag Chair. Chairs that fit an entire family naturally have the highest price tag of the bunch.