BESTEK USB Power Strip, 8-Outlet
Last updated date: August 14, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Multiple Appliance Chargers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Multiple Appliance Charger you should buy.
Update as June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Multiple Appliance Charger for a detailed review of all the top multiple appliance chargers.
This USB power strip has smart technology built in to control everything from the amount of charge devices get to the USB light brightness. You'll get 6 Smart USB charging ports and 8 A/C outlets for managing the power and battery charge to laptops, smartphones, tablets and more. You can set this charging station on a table or on the floor, making it more versatile than other charging options.
In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the BESTEK USB Power Strip, 8-Outlet placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
More user-friendly design, widely spaced outlets allow you to plug in an oversize adapter without covering any other outlet, the right angle plug features fits easily in tight spaces and behind furniture.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Multiple Appliance Chargers
U.S. households have an average of 11 electronic devices, including TVs, smartphones and tablets. Keeping all those devices charged can be challenging. You may have chargers plugged in around the house, which can not only be unsightly, but it can also be hard to remember where you have your phone plugged in when you need it.
A multiple-device charger makes it easy to charge all of your devices from one central location. You can set it up in one area of the home and have everyone slide their phones and tablets in as needed. It’s also great for charging all your devices overnight, especially if you’re trying to keep the kids in your household off their phones when they’re supposed to be sleeping.
A multi-device charger can come in handy if you go on vacation. Just take your charger along and your entire family can charge everything in one place. Take it to your next business conference and you’ll be the most popular person in the building. It might even be a great way to make new business connections as people stop by to get a quick charge.
One type of multi-device charger features slots that hold your devices. These use dividers to hold each item in place, reducing messiness. If you opt for this route, keep in mind the size of your devices. If you have tablets, you’ll need a taller divider than you’ll have for smartphones. Most of the charging stations with this design have a combination of tall and short dividers.
Another design plugs into a wall outlet. This type of charger works as an extension of your wall plug, giving you multiple outlets for power, as well as at least a couple for USB cables. You can use this to charge items like laptops while you’re also charging your smartphones and tablets.
But many charging stations you find are simply a portable hub that you can set up anywhere you want in your house. You can also take them along on vacation or to conferences. These typically come with a combination of power outlets and USB ports to give you the flexibility you need to charge all your devices.
Whichever charging setup you use, check before you buy to make sure it provides support for the devices you own. In most cases, you’ll just need a USB cable with an end that matches your own type of phone or tablet. But the technology built into the charger should also work with your device type. If your phone or tablet supports fast-charging technology, it won’t help to have a charger that doesn’t provide that.
The Multiple Appliance Charger Buying Guide
- Your first consideration as you’re searching for a multiple-device charger is support for the devices you have. Many newer smartphones and tablets have fast-charging technology, but different brands deliver this in different ways. Make sure that the charger supports fast charging for your type of device. This can be trickier if you’re in a household with varying device types. The good news is, they’ll usually still charge, provided you have the cable for that device. You just won’t enjoy a quick trip from empty to fully charged.
- If you opt for a charger with dividers to keep your devices neat and tidy, make sure each slot will be big enough for your devices. If you have a case or your tablet is a thicker model, you may find it doesn’t fit. Some chargers have removable or adjustable dividers for just this reason.
- With slot-based chargers, make sure the divider is firmly in place to avoid it tipping over when you aren’t nearby. If a larger item like a tablet tips too much, it could strain the divider, possibly causing it to no longer hold your device in place.
- Before you order, check to see which cables are included. You probably already have cables, but the charging stations with dividers usually come with shorter cables to keep things better organized, so you may have to purchase extra short cables to go with your device types.
- Safety is important in a charger, not only to keep your home safe but to avoid harming your device. Look for a charger with built-in protection against overcharging, overheating, excessive voltage and short circuit.
- With some chargers, the overcharge protection doesn’t just shut charging off once you reach 100 percent. It also detects when the battery begins to drop and automatically starts charging it back up again.
- Some charging stations have smart chips built in. These chips detect the technology built into a phone and adapt the charge to match.
- It can be handy to take your charger on the go with you. If you plan to do that, look for an option that will fit into your luggage or bag.
- Status indicators can come in handy for letting you know when your device is fully charged. But if you choose one with an indicator that lights up, make sure you won’t have it in a bedroom at night where it will disrupt sleep. In some cases, this type of illumination can come in handy, though. If you have a charger that slides into a wall plug and it’s behind a piece of furniture, for instance, a light will help you find the appropriate slots.
- With some charging stations, the smart technology built in also detects and adjusts the light output to fit the environment. When it’s dark, you’ll get greater light output, while a brightly lit room will keep the light output to a minimum.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide