Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Cuddler
Last updated date: February 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dog Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dog Mattress you should buy.
Editor's Note February 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dog Bed / Mattress for a detailed review of all the top dog mattresses.
Comfort is king when you opt for this dog bed. This top-notch dog mattress not only features soft faux shag fur, but it also self-warms the longer your dog lays on it. The sides are bolstered to give your dog additional orthopedic support and relief from muscle pain. Dog owners will also appreciate that this set is machine washable and safe for use in the dryer.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Best Friends by Sheri Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Cuddler placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sophisticated design meets unparalleled comfort! whether they’re curling up for the night or they’re just taking their afternoon nap, most pets will sleep just about anywhere. But cold, hard floors make it difficult to get comfortable, diminishing sleep quality and worsening joint pain, leading to less than optimal health and behavior. give your furry friend The gift of comfort with a shag Donut cuddler from Best Friends by Sheri! Our beds feature a round design, creating a cozy, protective atmosphere. Pets will feel surrounded by love and warmth, allowing them to experience truly restful sleep. The bolstered edge also acts as a head rest, offering additional orthopedic support. for an extra layer of comfort and luxury, Our beds feature a faux shag fur! Not only does it help keep animals cozy on cold nights, but our extra filling also provides relief from joint and muscle pain. Finished with deep crevices that are perfect for burrowing, dogs and cats alike will love the versatility of these beds. The best part? They’re safe in the washer and dryer! made with pet-safe faux fur and water-resistant nylon, Our beds deliver superior comfort while acting as the first line of defense against accidents. Available in stunningly beautiful colors, they’re a great choice for both your pet and your home. why choose the shag Donut cuddler? orthopedic and joint Support provides warmth and safety> water-resistant bottom> safe in the washer and dryer> Made with pet-safe materials try today risk free with our Money back guarantee! *stock is limited. Order today to ensure availability. order your pet bed Now for deep, peaceful sleep! check out our matching shag throw Blanket and throw pillows from our sister brand Chateau by Sheri.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Stephanie Mantilla is a positive reinforcement-based animal trainer who has worked with a variety of animals, from lizards all the way up to cheetahs and lions. She now runs the pet blog Curiosity Trained, writing about training and enrichment for your dog and cat. She holds a behavioral husbandry professional development certificate from the
After spending 12 years training exotic animals as a zookeeper, she now helps pet owners create fulfilling lives for their pets. No matter the animal, they all require similar things to make their lives enriched and prevent behavioral issues. Stephanie’s mission is to help pet owners make the lives of their pets the best that they can be.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dog Mattresses
You love your pup and you want him or her to be able to rest comfortably when taking a nap or sleeping at night. A dog bed (dog mattress) is a great way to do this, and the best part is that you can easily move the dog bed into any room. That way, if you’re watching TV in the living room, your dog will be close by. When shopping for the perfect dog mattress, there are a few things you’ll want to consider.
Before you make your purchase, consider what you already know about your dog’s behavior and sleeping style, says Stephanie Mantilla, a positive reinforcement animal trainer who runs the blog Curiosity Trained.
“Some dogs prefer raised beds, others prefer beds with ‘arms’ to rest their head on, while others prefer cushy memory foam to sprawl out on,” she says.
Examine the bed’s construction and the materials it is made out of to ensure it will be soft against your dog’s fur. The Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Cuddler is made out of faux fur and nylon that is extremely comfortable. It has a self-warming feature, so that pups gets warmer and warmer the longer that they lay in bed. As an added bonus, the mattress is also hypoallergenic, which is great for dogs with allergies.
If you live in a warmer climate, or you have hot summers, you may want to look for a memory foam mattress filled with gel foam. The gel keeps the dog bed from becoming too hot and provides a cooling sensation that is welcome when temperatures outside reach 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
Determine if your dog needs added orthopedic support. Some models have bolstered sides that help with this. Others, like the BarkBox Orthopedic Ultra Plush Dog Bed, use a special memory foam mattress that helps with muscle aches, joint pain, hip dysplasia and arthritis.
Flip the mattress over and take a look at the bottom. Beds like the Hero Dog Anti Slip Dog Bed / Mattress have a non-slip bottom to prevent the mattress from sliding across the room every time your dog tries to lay in it. This isn’t a must if you have carpet, but it is ideal for those who have tile and hardwood flooring that can be slippery.
If your dog is a chewer, certain beds aren’t ideal. Look for the words “tear-resistant” on the product packaging to ensure you aren’t buying a bed that will only last a few days.
Check to see if the company implements any environmentally-friendly practices. For example, some dog beds use recycled green polyfill for the bolsters.
Finally, consider the extras, like water-resistant covers that protect against leaks, and a variety of colors to match the room in your home where you plan on placing the dog bed. Most dog beds are sold in small, medium and large, although some companies also have an extra-large option.
If you’re looking for a mattress that’s easy to keep clean, consider one with a removable cover, suggests Mantilla.
“Having an easily removable cover makes washing easy,” she says. “This will keep the bed and your house from smelling. My best tip is to get an extra cover for the bed so that your dog can still use the bed while the other cover is being washed.”
The Dog Mattress Buying Guide
- Check the product label for washing instructions. Some dog mattresses are machine washable and dryer safe, while others are not. There are even models on the market that have a cover, so all you need to do is unzip the cover and toss it in the washing machine to get it clean. Even if the mattress is safe to toss in the washing machine, the label may warn not to use bleach, as this could harm the fabric. There may be restrictions when it comes to the dryer as well, such as only tumbling the bed cover on low heat.
- Schedule weekly cleanings for your dog mattress. In between cleanings, you may wish to use your vacuum to suck up any pet hair or dirt that got tracked in after your pup came in from playing outdoors. You’ll also want to keep an eye on the bed for fleas and ticks during the summer months, as it is possible for your dog to pick these up while spending time in your yard.
- Depending on the type of foam used to make the dog mattress, you may notice an odor when you first open the packaging. Airing the mattress out for a few days should do the trick. If there are any lingering odors, you can sprinkle baking soda over the bed and let it sit overnight. Simply vacuum the powder up the next morning, and the mattress will be ready for your dog.
- While reviewing prices, it is important that you compare like sizes and features. The BarkBox Orthopedic Ultra Plush Dog Bed has the most affordable price tag of the bunch, while the Hero Dog Anti Slip Dog Bed / Mattress and the Furhaven Orthopedic Foam Dog Bed / Mattress are more moderately priced. You’ll find the Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Cuddler has the highest price tag of the four.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide