Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad
Last updated: August 7, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wireless Chargers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wireless Charger you should buy.
For those who charge their phones in the bedroom at night, the Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad is a great choice due to its softer light that won't disrupt sleep. You'll also get 7.5 watts of power for speedy charging. At 2.72 x 5 x 6.18 inches, the size will fit comfortably on your desk or dresser.In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad placed 2nd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Simplify charging with the boost up wireless charging pad 7.5W for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone or, iPhone x, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus. Just lay your iPhone onto the wireless charger to power up, an LED light will indicate that your device is properly charging. This Qi wireless charger has been designed specifically to charge iPhone optimally at 7.5-Watts. There’s no need to remove your iPhone from its case when powering up, the boost up wireless charging pad for Apple devices can charge through lightweight cases up to 3mm. In addition, the boost up wireless charging pad from Belkin is one of the few wireless phone chargers that includes an AC adapter, so you can start charging right out of the box, making the boost up wireless charging pad the perfect iPhone XS wireless charger, iPhone XS Max wireless charger, iPhone or wireless charger, iPhone x wireless charger, iPhone 8 wireless charger, and iPhone 8 Plus wireless charger.How to clean – Unplug the Belkin Wireless Charging Pad from the power supply. Spray electrical cleaning spray on a dry microfiber cleaning cloth. Gently wipe the surface of the Belkin Wireless Charging Pad with the microfiber cleaning cloth.
What experts liked
It may seem like magic, but wireless charging is actually science. Instead of having to plug your mobile devices in with a cord, you can now simply set them on a charging mat and wait. With fast-charging technology, you won’t even have to wait as long. But how can a mat possibly charge your phone?
Wireless charging works by transferring energy via an electromagnetic field between two copper coils. There are various ways this is done. Generally speaking, the technology relies on the physics behind time-varying magnetic fields, which causes a current if a loop of wire is closed.
The real convenience of a charging mat, though, is that with some of them, you can set your device anywhere and charging will happen. Not all charging mats offer this, though, and some are so small, you won’t have a variety of choices. The larger your mat is, the more important it is to have multiple coils so that you aren’t limited to just one spot.
Smaller mats have the benefit of being more portable, though. If you travel frequently, or you just want to take your charger to work with you, that’s a plus. However, if you’ll set your mat up at home and leave it there, a larger one may be a better choice, especially if you’ll be charging multiple devices with it.
Many charging mats use LED lights to alert you to charging status. As helpful as that is, it’s important to keep in mind that they can be bright if you keep them in your bedroom. Unless you want a nightlight, look for a bedroom-based charging mat with a darker LED, or choose a spot in your room where the light won’t be as disruptive.
Although it isn’t a must-have, some mats have a bonus feature that keeps your device cool while it’s charging. You may also find add-ons, like surge and overvoltage protection. These little things could help you sleep a little better as you leave your phone on the mat each night.
- Before you start searching for a charger, you need to make sure your phone is compatible with the technology. You’ll need your phone to be Qi-enabled, which means it has the build to handle fast-charging technology. You’ll find the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, Nokia 9 and Lumia 920 have that functionality, as do many newer versions of the most popular smartphones.
- If you use your charging pad to recharge your phone overnight, you probably won’t pay too much attention to how quickly your mat does its job. But there will occasionally be times when you need it to work quickly. Maybe you’ll forget to charge it one night and need to at least get some juice into the battery before you head out the door. The Samsung Qi Certified Fast Charge Wireless Charger’s fast-charging capabilities can cut charging time by as much as 50 minutes. Its output is 10 watts, compared to the 7.5-watt Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad and CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger.
- With some mats, you’ll need a special adapter to take advantage of the fast-charging technology. The CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger will only support quick charging with a 2-Amp A/C adapter.
- At the lower price point, you’ll find many wireless chargers build in only one coil. That means you’ll have to set your phone in a very specific spot on the pad to get a connection. For that reason, it may be wiser to go with a smaller unit that is easier to set on a bedside table or tuck into a bag rather than purchasing a large mat. With the Samsung Qi Certified Fast Charge Wireless Charger, you’ll find that you have to place the phone very precisely to make a connection.
- One issue that comes into play with charging pads is that devices can easily slide off, especially with the smaller mats. The CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger has an anti-slip surface to keep your phone in place, along with antislip rubber underneath to keep it in place on a tabletop.
- Handy LED lights let you know when your device is charging. The LEDs on the Samsung Qi Certified Fast Charge Wireless Charger and CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger also display the battery level. If you’ll be keeping your charging mat in the bedroom while you sleep, the LED lights can be a problem on some models. The lights on the Samsung Qi Certified Fast Charge Wireless Charger and CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger may not be ideal for this type of use since their lights are so bright. With the Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad, you’ll get a softer light that’s easier to handle in a dark room.
- Before you make a purchase, consider the area where you plan to use it. Even a small size difference can be an issue when dealing with an already overcrowded bedside table.
- You may not think about it outright, but safety features can come in handy. The Samsung Qi Certified Fast Charge Wireless Charger and CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger all build in cooling. With the CHOETECH Qi Certified Wireless Charger, you get surge protection and short-circuit prevention.