BeeGreen Reusable Grocery Bags, 5-Pack
Last updated date: September 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Reusable Grocery Bags and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Reusable Grocery Bag you should buy.
The BeeGreen Reusable Grocery Bags, 5-Pack offers multiple color options to let you customize your look. Tear-resistant ripstop fabric provides lasting durability, and it also comes with a warranty against breakage during the first year of use. When not in use, you can fold it up and slide it inside the integrated pouch. In our analysis of 86 expert reviews, the BeeGreen BeeGreen Reusable Grocery Bags, 5-Pack placed 16th when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 9, 2020:
Checkout The Best Reusable Grocery Bag for a detailed review of all the top reusable grocery bags.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
X-LARGE CAPACITY & DURABLE: BeeGreen reusable totes bags are about 2-3 times bigger than a standard grocery bags, so they hold a lot more. Beegreen reusable totes bags are reinforced with double stitches which makes them hold heavy loads safely. EASY TO CARRY AROUND & REUSABLE: Takes you less than 10 seconds to stuff the shopping bags into the pocket. While Beegreen foldable bags are open, the pouch makes a great phone holder. While reusable shopping bags are folded, it fits easily into your purse or leaving in the car and not taking up any room. RIP-STOP FABRIC & DIFFERENT COLOR: BeeGreen grocery bags use pure ripstop fabric to craft our standard reusable bags. And Beegreen reusable bags with different color can add some fun to your shopping grocery. MACHINE WASHABLE & REUSABLE: Machine wash cold and line dry to use your BeeGreen reusable bag for years and years!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Reusable Grocery Bags
If you’re concerned about the environment, you’re probably looking for ways to reduce your household’s carbon footprint. One way to do that is to cut down on single-use plastics, which have been cited as a top contributor to environmental issues. In fact, we produce 300 million tons of plastic every year across the globe, 91 percent of which ends up either in landfills or discarded as litter.
Like other single-use plastics, grocery bags don’t break down easily. In fact, experts say they can take up to 1,000 years to fully degrade, and recycling isn’t a viable option because it costs more to recycle plastic bags than what they’re worth. Most curbside recycling programs ban grocery bags, forcing consumers to either toss them into the regular garbage or take them to a grocery store that accepts them for recycling.
Reusable grocery bags have become a great alternative to grocery store plastic. Not only are they more environmentally friendly, but they’re also easier to use. You can stand them up on the carousel and fill them, then slide them into your trunk to take home. Typically, you can squeeze far more groceries into each bag, resulting in fewer trips from your trunk to your kitchen when you arrive home. But there are a few things you need to consider when choosing grocery bags, including capacity and ease of use.
DWYM Fun Fact
When you use a reusable bag, you and the environment benefit, but so does the store. If every customer brought reusable bags, grocery stores would save considerably on the number of plastic bags they have to purchase and stock each year. While they’ll never be able to eliminate bags completely, some grocery chains are incentivizing reusable bags by offering discounts for those who bring their own bags. Some shoppers have no choice, though. California has a statewide ban on plastic bags in grocery stores, and that type of legislation is starting to spread to jurisdictions across the globe.
The Reusable Grocery Bag Buying Guide
- As you choose your grocery bags, picture the size of the carousels at your favorite grocery store. If you do self-checkout, you’ll need to be especially aware of whether your chosen bags will fit into the slots.
- Having bags with rigid sides is helpful, as they will hold the bag open while you’re loading and unloading them.
- When you aren’t shopping, you’ll need to store your bags. Some fold down to easily slide into your pantry or your trunk, while others fold up into small squares. You can also find bags that come with a zipper pouch to hold the bags between uses.
- The handles of your bag will come into play, as well. Longer handles are convenient for tossing over your shoulder, but shorter handles may give you more control. Remember that you’ll probably be toting heavy items like canned goods and gallons of milk, so choose a bag with reinforced handles and tear-resistant fabric.
- Insulated bags are bulkier and thicker, but they free you up to make a few stops on the way home without having to worry about your refrigerated and frozen items getting warm.
- Over time, your grocery bags will accumulate dirt and grime. Some bags can be tossed in the washing machine to clean, then line dried. Others will need to be wiped down.