BedStory Luxury Hybrid Mattress
Last updated date: April 4, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattresses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress you should buy.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the BedStory BedStory Luxury Hybrid Mattress placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress for a detailed review of all the top cooling gel memory foam mattresses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
BedStory 12-Inch Luxurious Mattress offers just the right mix of comfortable and supportive. It’s the bed you’ll be excited to climb into every night.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattresses
As soon as you’re ready to replace your current mattress, you’ll want to give a cooling gel memory foam mattress a try. This type of mattress has a host of benefits, including a fit that is perfectly contoured to your body and better temperature control throughout the evening.
Individuals who suffer from allergies or asthma would first want to look for a hypoallergenic cooling gel memory foam mattress. The Iyee Nature Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress meets this requirement, so you can feel at ease when you lay your head on your pillow at the end of the day.
Check the cooling gel memory foam mattress’s bottom layer next. You need a quality base that is both sturdy and durable, like the LUCID Latex Hybrid Mattress. This mattress has a steel coil base that is designed to last. The coils are individually wrapped, so you still get the comfort you’ve come to love and expect from a memory foam mattress.
Maximum breathability is also important when shopping for a mattress that will help you get a peaceful night’s rest. The Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam is self-ventilating, which means heat is never trapped underneath your body. You’ll continue to feel cool, even after remaining in the same position for several hours.
Review how well the cooling gel memory foam mattress is able to mold to your body. For example, the Brentwood Home Cypress Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress has an HD memory foam layer that supports proper alignment of the spine and relieves the pressure that often results in unnecessary aches and pains. You also want the mattress to lessen any motion transfer, so you’re not woken up every time your spouse rolls over or climbs out of bed.
DWYM Fun Fact
The first set of memory foam mattresses were actually created with astronauts in mind. In fact, NASA’s Ames Research Centre came up with the design in the 1960s. Scientists wanted a comfortable mattress for the astronauts to sleep on while in space. The mattress needed to be free of any pressure points.
Over time it became evident that memory foam traps heat. That can make for an uncomfortable night’s sleep. In 2006, a memory foam mattress constructed with a cooling gel was introduced to the public. The gel reduced the amount of heat that remained trapped in the bed, so sleepers could stay cool throughout the night.
The Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report that certain cooling gel memory foam mattresses still sleep hot. It’s a good idea to do your research before you buy.
- Most memory foam mattresses come shipped in a box. They are compressed and rolled so that they take up a small amount of space. When your mattress arrives, carry it to your bedroom before you open the box. This way, you don’t have to navigate narrow hallways or door frames. Remove the mattress from the box and set it on your box spring. Carefully cut away the plastic and unravel the mattress. Wait the recommended amount of time before sleeping on the mattress for the first time. Typically, this can be anywhere between 24 and 72 hours.
- If you have a latex allergy, read the cooling gel memory foam mattress’s product label carefully. Some models have a layer of latex, as it helps keep the mattress from retaining heat.
- Although memory foam mattresses are not designed to be flipped over like traditional mattresses, they do need to be rotated on occasion.
- Avoid using electric blankets with your memory foam mattress or placing it in the path of direct sunlight. Exposure to heat may affect the mattress’s performance over time.
- Opt for a cooling gel memory foam mattress that’s built to last.
- When determining which mattress offers the best deal, it’s important that you compare similar sizes and mattress depths. Among the more affordable cooling gel memory foam mattresses are the Iyee Nature Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress and the Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam. The LUCID Latex Hybrid Mattress is moderately priced, while the Brentwood Home Cypress Cooling Gel Memory Foam Mattress has the highest price tag of the four mattresses.