Bare Home Calming Cotton Weighted Blanket For Kids, 7-Pounds
Last updated date: August 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blankets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket For Kids you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket For Kids for a detailed review of all the top weighted blankets for kids.
Help your child relax after a long day of stimulation with this weighted blanket for kids. It's available in many different sizes and weights, so you're sure to find one that matches your child's height and weight. The blanket itself is made from a comfortable cotton that's all-natural, breathable and soft.
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the Bare Home Calming Cotton Weighted Blanket For Kids, 7-Pounds placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
RELAXING COMFORT: After a long day, you need to unwind. So, go ahead. Wrap yourself up with Bare Home’s cotton weighted blanket. Designed to mimic the sensation of being held with calming breathable pressure. Our weighted blanket provides sensational comfort to help achieve the most relaxing night of sleep. NEW & IMPROVED DESIGN: Get the sleep you’ve been missing! Our redesigned weighted blanket includes smaller pockets, reinforced stitching and increased filling to keep your beads from shifting and leaking. CHOOSING YOUR WEIGHTED BLANKET: Unsure of what weighted blanket to choose? We recommend picking a weighted blanket that’s around 10% of your body weight. If you’re in between sizes rounding up usually does the trick. For sizing, we suggest purchasing a weighted blanket that reaches from your chin to your feet without hanging over the sides of the bed. EASY CARE: Machine wash on gentle settings or handwash. Tumble dry on low or hang to dry. Each weighted blanket comes with corner ties for use with a duvet cover to make cleaning a breeze (cover not included). REST ASSURED: Your first 30 nights are on us. Literally. If you don’t love our weighted blanket, send it back.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blankets For Kids
A weighted blanket may help your child relax at the end of a long day. Weighted blankets are heavy blankets that are filled with materials like plastic pellets or glass beads. Being under the weight of this kind of blanket can provide a sense of security and calm for both children and adults.
There are many benefits to using a weighted blanket. The extra weight on top of the child when they sleep helps them feel as though they being hugged. This can be very soothing for children of all ages. Weighted blankets don’t just have to be used at night time. They can also provide comfort during the day if your child is having a difficult time. Sometimes, just sitting on the couch with a weighted blanket can also provide comfort.
Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket is something that needs to be right for the child’s size. Do not use an adult’s blanket on a child. Weighted blankets for children should be no more than 10% of the child’s body weight. So if your child is 50 pounds, for example, then the weighted blanket should weigh no more than 5 pounds. Before using a weighted blanket for a child, be sure to consult with your doctor. Keep in mind that children under one year of age should not use a weighted blanket. When buying a weighted blanket, look for one that fits your child’s body, not their whole bed. If the blanket is too big, it will get dragged towards the ground because of the extra weight. As a result, the blanket may fall off the bed, disrupting your child’s sleep and sense of comfort.
The Weighted Blanket For Kids Buying Guide
- When selecting a weighted blanket for your child, the first things to look at are the size and weight of the blanket. It’s important to ensure that the blanket is no more than 10% of your child’s body weight for safety reasons. Plus, the blanket should fit the child’s body but not be too big. If it is, it can fall to the floor and disrupt their sleep. Some weighted blankets are available in various weights starting at 5 pounds and maxing out at 23 pounds. Others measure 41 by 60 inches, and are designed for children around 80 pounds.
- In addition to the actual weight of the blanket, it’s important to look at the weight distribution. Weighted blankets are effective when the weight of the pellets inside the material is evenly distributed across the blanket. However, in some blankets, the pellets have a tendency to slide down to the edges so the weight is no longer even. Look for a model that has seams of 4 by 4-inch squares across the blanket to ensure that the pellets stay even and don’t fall down towards the edges.
- As with all children’s products, look for a weighted blanket that can be washed and easily cleaned. Many weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover, so the outer layer can be washed when it gets dirty. Some models come with a removable cover so maintenance is headache-free.
- Keep the fabric of the blanket in mind, ensuring your child isn’t allergic to the material. A breathable fabric, like bamboo or natural cotton, ensures they won’t get too warm under it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide