Barbie Cotton Travel Chelsea Doll
Last updated date: October 29, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dolls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Doll you should buy.
Update as October 29, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dolls for a detailed review of all the top dolls.
Take Barbie's stylish 7-year-old little sister on the road with this travel-themed doll set. It comes with a variety of well-thought-out accessories, including a travel companion in the form of a dog, a teddy bear, a pet carrier she can actually hold, a backpack she can wear, a smartphone and headphones.
In our analysis, the Barbie Barbie Cotton Travel Chelsea Doll placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Chelsea doll can take her puppy, and young dreamers, around the world with this travel-themed set. Inspired by Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures, it comes with fun colorful pieces to help imaginations take off -peek into the everyday life of Barbie as she embarks on exciting adventures with her family and friends! Chelsea doll has her puppy as a traveling companion and a puppy carrier with a handle and wheels so she can bring it along. Grab her backpack and fill with her travel necessities to hit the road -there's a cell phone, her teddy bear, a pair of pink headphones and a pair of pink sunglasses. Chelsea doll is ready for adventure in a fun outfit with pink sparkly skirt. Curious travelers will love taking her places near and far, letting their minds travel and exploring the world because when a girl plays with Barbie, she imagines everything she can become! Collect other Barbie travel dolls and toys to expand the playtime possibilities (each sold separately, subject to availability). Includes Chelsea doll wearing fashion and shoes, plus puppy and carrier, backpack and travel-themed pieces. Colors and decorations may vary.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dolls
They’re a classic staple of every home’s playroom, enjoyed by so many children over centuries of use. Dolls are considered one of the most important toys a child can have, as their human-like form allows young ones to make sense of the world. But, for a long time, dolls were assigned solely to female children; parents believed that playing with them would help girls develop the nurturing skills they would need as caregivers later on.
Experts today see the benefits of dolls for all children, regardless of gender. Interacting with dolls can help a child prepare for a new sibling or simply develop empathy and social skills. As children get older, doll play becomes more imaginative, which helps strengthen the creative part of a youth’s personality.
When it comes to purchasing dolls, you have plenty of options to choose from today. Baby dolls are popular with younger children, who progress to fashion figures like Barbie dolls as they grow up. You’ll even find posable figures designed for kids who aren’t quite old enough for the small accessories that come with Barbie.
For younger children, realistic baby dolls can be a great learning tool. These dolls can vary in their functionality, with many speaking or drinking from provided bottles. Some are even bilingual, providing both English and Spanish vocalizations. As you choose from baby dolls, keep in mind that speech can put limitations on your child’s creativity. Instead of pretending the baby is talking, or even talking for the baby, your little one might treat the doll as mere entertainment.
Experts also advise avoiding dolls from popular TV shows and movies. These can also limit the child’s creative input. Also, certain dolls may promote unhealthy body image perceptions in young children, particularly girls. Mattel has even begun releasing Barbie dolls with more realistic body shapes.
Parents play the most important role in what children get out of playing with dolls. If parents emphasize the educational aspects, even an unrealistically-shaped Barbie can be an enriching experience. Dressing Barbie up in clothing specific to various professions can be a great way to empower children and help them try out various careers during play.
The Doll Buying Guide
- Most dolls come with accessories, and many also offer accessory sets that can be purchased separately. Look into the availability of clothing and accessories for any doll you purchase to make sure your child will get extended use out of the new toy.
- Younger children might want to take their dolls everywhere they go. A good bag or backpack to keep accessories together could be valuable.
- Some dolls will require batteries. Check into this before you buy.
- Children don’t have to lose their love for dolls as they get older. Collectibles can be a great way to keep the trend going into their teenage years.
- When playing with dolls, children often imitate the behaviors of their parents. True-to-life accessories like smartphones or briefcases can inspire children who are old enough for smaller accessories.
- L.O.L. Surprise Dolls have become popular in recent years as a stepping stone to posable figure dolls like Barbies. With an L.O.L. Surprise Doll, a child gets an unboxing experience. Each doll comes with several additional items encased in wrapping, which must be revealed. These are typically accessories that go with the doll.
- Rag dolls are a classic favorite for many children. These dolls combine the convenience of cloth toys with the creative aspects of dolls.
- Some experts believe families can benefit from a minimalistic approach to children’s toys. With too many options, children can suffer decision fatigue. They may also rely on their toys to passively amuse them rather than actively interacting with them. By reducing their options, you may actually encourage more creativity and boost the chances those toys will be played with.
- If your children’s toys often linger in a toybox, unused, having them out on display could help. You might also consider rotating toys: simply pull a few toys out and leave them around while tucking the rest out of sight.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide