Baggallini Crossbody Bag
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Travel Purses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Travel Purse you should buy.
Although the Baggallini Crossbody Bag is lightweight, it's still extremely durable. In fact, it's not only water-resistant, but also equipped with RFID blocking technology. Users will love the abundance of pockets, including the five credit card slots and a compartment for your tablet. In our analysis of 80 expert reviews, the Baggallini Baggallini Crossbody Bag placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 28, 2019:
Checkout The Best Travel Purse for a detailed review of all the top travel purses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The classic Baggallini® Pocket Crossbody handbag is flush with organizational pockets and RFID protection. Included RFID Wristlet accessory keeps your credit cards safe. Made of water-resistant woven nylon. Secure zipper closure. Adjustable crossbody strap. Three exterior zip pockets, one in the back and two in the front. Signature logo engraved hardware. Flat bottom. Fully lined. Lining print may vary. Interior organization includes: zippered back-wall pocket, five card slips, and keychain attachment. Imported. Measurements: Bottom Width: 7 in Depth: 2 3⁄4 in Height: 9 in Strap Length: 52 in Strap Drop: 25 in Weight: 7.4 oz
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Travel Purses
For many people, traveling is full of adventure, excitement and joy. You can experience new cultures, food, clothing, customs and traditions while expanding your own knowledge of the world. If your valuables are stolen, that excitement can quickly turn to fear, disappointment, anger and distress. That’s why whether you’re traveling across the world or across the country, it’s important to keep your belongings safe.
Regular backpacks and purses are not designed with security features that keep your things safe from pickpockets and thieves. The material of a backpack can easily be slashed with a sharp blade, and zippers can be pried open with pointed objects. As a result, someone else may get their hands on your passport, cash or other valuable items.
In order to keep your travel belongings safe, it’s important to use a bag that is designed specifically with security in mind. A special travel purse is often constructed out of material that cannot be slashed with a knife. In many travel purses, the zippers can be locked and cannot be broken or pried open, keeping your things secure.
While regular backpacks and purses usually have one main compartment, a travel purse usually comes with several inside pockets. This is a great feature to have because you can organize things like your passport, tickets, cash and other travel documents and keep them safe from prying hands.
Another key benefit of travel purses is that they are often inconspicuous and don’t make you look like a tourist. This feature helps keep you safe as thieves and pickpockets may not pin you as someone that has great valuables in their purse. If you look like a tourist, you may attract negative attention from people who are looking to take advantage of you. Being able to blend in with the locals can provide you with an additional level of security that a regular backpack or purse cannot.
DYWM Fun Fact
When you’re on the road, you can’t rely only on your travel purse to keep your belonging safe. It’s best to be aware of your surroundings and travel smartly. One of the most important travel safety tips is to always do your research on a place before you visit it. Understand which areas are dangerous at certain times of day and should be avoided.
Many experienced travelers keep their belonging in more than one place. For example, they may keep some cash in their shoes, some in their money belt and some in their travel purse. In the event their travel purse gets stolen, they still have cash available they can use. If all your valuables are in one location, you open yourself up to more risk as they can all be stolen at the same time.
When you’re planning on napping on a bus, train or taxi, be sure to tether your travel purse with your valuables to yourself or to your seat. This way, you cannot be stolen from while you snooze. Many travel purses come with extendable straps designed specifically for this purpose. You can use something simple like a carabiner clip and attach your purse to a part of your clothing or your seat belt.
The Travel Purse Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to research when searching for a travel bag is its security features. If your travel purse doesn’t have the specific features you need, it will not be able to keep your valuable items safe from pickpockets and thieves. The Travelon Mini Shoulder Bag and Travelon Crossbody Bag are all made out of slash-resistant material. This applies to both the body of the bags, as well as a strap. As a result, someone cannot tear open the bag or cut the strap while you’re wearing it. In addition, the two bags have an adjustable shoulder strap that can be secured to a pole or chair in order to keep your bag from getting taken by someone else. These bags, along with the Baggallini Crossbody Bag also have RFID blocking card slots, which means that online identity thieves cannot scan your credit cards and passport while they are in those special pockets. The Roma Leathers Genuine Leather Crossbody Bag is made out of a durable, water-resistant cowhide leather. It will hold up nicely against the elements.
- Your travel purse needs to hold a number of important items, including your passport and travel documents, credit cards and cash, and devices like phones and tablets. Depending on your needs, you may want to get a bag that has a large main compartment with many inside pockets. As a result, you can keep all of your valuables organized. This way, it’s easy to see if anything is missing at a glance.
- The Travelon Mini Shoulder Bag and the Travelon Crossbody Bag both have a main compartment and several smaller compartments. The main compartment can be locked, so that pickpockets cannot steal your valuables from there. The Baggallini Crossbody Bag and the Roma Leathers Genuine Leather Crossbody Bag come with a large main compartment and several smaller outside compartments.
- While many people prefer to wear their travel purses crossbody for added security, it’s nice to be able to have the flexibility to wear your travel purse as a shoulder bag as well. The Travelon Mini Shoulder Bag, Travelon Crossbody Bag, Baggallini Crossbody Bag and Roma Leathers Genuine Leather Crossbody Bag all come with adjustable straps so that you can choose how you want to wear the purse.
- While traveling, you may be wearing your travel purse for many hours a day while you see the sights your destination has to offer. That’s why it’s important to select a bag that offers comfort.
- For many travelers, it’s important to be able to showcase their personal style while on the road. Many travel purses come in multiple colors and patterns, so you can choose the one that best suits you. The Travelon Mini Shoulder Bag, Travelon Crossbody Bag and Roma Leathers Genuine Leather Crossbody Bag all come in several colors. The Baggallini Crossbody Bag comes in many solid colors, as well as patterns and abstract designs.