August Smart Lock Pro & Connect Hub
Last updated date: October 4, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Locks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Lock you should buy.
Update as October 4, 2021:
Checkout The Best Smart Lock for a detailed review of all the top smart locks.
This smart lock easily attaches to your existing lock so you can use it in tandem. It can lock automatically behind you and unlock as you approach. The smart lock requires a WiFi network to operate.
In our analysis of 27 expert reviews, the August Smart Lock Pro & Connect Hub placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Works with Alexa for voice control. Wireless requirements - 2.4GHertz Wi-Fi network. Connect Wi-Fi Bridge included. Control and monitor your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock your door, control, keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone. Alexa can also provide notifications when your battery is running low so you can proactively replace them. Set up smart reorders through dash replenishment to make sure you always have replacement batteries when you need them. Be sure you’re secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSense to tell you if your door is securely closed and locked. Holding force: 600 pounds. Always know who is coming and going. Track activity at your doorstep with a 24/7 activity feed. Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt; Use your existing keys at any time. Requires 110 to 240 volts. Locks automatically behind you, and unlocks as you approach. Requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones. Retrofit installation works with most standard single cylinder deadbolts. Biometric Verification Opt in to use your smartphone’s fingerprint or facial recognition as an added security verification before operating your lock remotely. Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver. Simply speak to lock your door. Tell Alexa, Siri or the Google Assistant to control your August Smart Lock Pro + Connect. Certified Z Wave Plus home product. Works with Z Wave, the leading wireless technology for security and home control products.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Locks
Have you ever lost your keys or just fumbled around trying to unlock your door? A smart lock is an excellent way to unlock your door using an app on your phone or a button on a keypad. It provides people with more flexibility and convenience when it comes to locking and unlocking the door.
There are several different types of smart locks on the market. A common style of smart lock uses Bluetooth connectivity to automatically unlock the door when you are in proximity. You can also unlock a Bluetooth smart lock using your phone or a key fob. If you also want to increase security, consider using a biometric smart lock. It uses your fingerprint to allow entry. You can easily program the lock to read multiple people’s fingerprints.
RFID smart locks use a card or key fob to unlock the door. They typically lock automatically, so it’s important to have your key fob on you at all times. A keypad smart lock uses a pin number to unlock the door. You can program in different codes for different people and change codes as needed. A WiFi smart lock uses an internet connection to function. You can lock or unlock the door using your phone, usually from anywhere else in the world.
The Smart Lock Buying Guide
- One of the most important features to look for when you’re considering a smart lock is access logs. These can track who enters the home if you give people specific keys. It can also track the date and time when the door was locked and unlocked.
- Having the ability to lock and unlock your home remotely is a handy feature to have. It can be used to let your kids in when they come home from school or to allow maintenance or cleaning people access when you’re unavailable.
- If you want to scare away burglars or unauthorized visitors, consider getting a smart lock with a tamper alarm. It notifies you when someone is trying to break into your home by interfering with the lock.
- While changing your lock, you may also want to consider looking at the integrity of your door. A weak door may not provide any security regardless of how safe your lock is. Consider installing a heavy-duty door or additionally securing the hinges.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide