ATN X-Sight II Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
Last updated date: July 22, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Hunting Scopes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Hunting Scope you should buy.
Update as March 1, 2021:
Checkout The Best Hunting Scope for a detailed review of all the top hunting scopes.
In our analysis of 75 expert reviews, the ATN X-Sight II Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
X Sight II may be the first digital scope to break the true HD barrier, but it is one of the best long range rifle scopes on the market! What makes ATN’s product far superior to its competition? Easy Answer, it’s this hunting scopes capability to maneuver the elements, provide collected data of every shot and adjust profile for every possible condition, ensuring the scope is zeroed and ready at any range! The X Sight provides clear images, for all your day or night hunting needs. Use Day and Night in HD resolution - take your shots in color at high resolution, with no blurry images regardless day or night! Smart Rangefinder - built in rangefinder allows you to range your target without carrying additional equipment. The rangefinder will calculate the distance of an object from the point you are viewing. 3D Gyroscope and E-compass – The scope has a gyroscope built into them. The gyroscope keeps images steady and blur-free. Smart e-compass helps you navigate by showing you your heading. E-Zoom - lets you magnify to target without losing what’s in your FOV like with step zoom systems. 1080p HD Video Recording & Photos, Wi-Fi Streaming - allow you to record all of your hunting trips, you can use your phone / tablet as a viewfinder. Firmware upgradeable. Owning a high caliber, state of the art digital night vision riflescope is within your reach and all you have to do is say, yes!
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Hunting Scopes
Each year approximately 15 million Americans participate in the sport of hunting. If you find yourself among them, you’ll need to make sure you have the proper gear. The second most important piece of equipment besides your hunting rifle is a scope. This tool allows you to narrow in on your target for more accurate results.
Before comparing hunting scope features, you need to ensure that the scope is compatible with your specific rifle. Once you confirm that it is, you can move on to the scope’s construction materials. You want a model that’s designed to last. One made of a high-strength aircraft aluminum is a good choice. Others have sealants that make them shockproof, fog-proof and rainproof.
Review the lens next. A multi-colored lens is best, as it eliminates glare and provides a higher light transmission than a simple blue light. Some models are equipped with as many as five illumination modes, so that’s another element you may wish to look for.
Check for easy-to-use wind and elevation adjustments. These are essential when it comes to helping your bullet reach the target. You’ll also want an eyepiece with quick and easy reticle focusing, so that you never miss a shot.
Don’t forget to take a look at the adjustable objective. Some models offer a range of 15 yards to infinity, while others have a starting range of just 3 yards. Long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box are also essential, as you don’t want to put your eyes in unnecessary danger.
The Hunting Scope Buying Guide
- Dirt and smudges can really affect how well you see through the hunting scope’s lens, especially if the lighting levels are low. Some scopes come with their own cleaning cloth. If your model doesn’t, you’ll need to look for a lint-free cloth that you can use to clean the scope. Starting with a soft-bristle brush is best, as this tool works well to dislodge any dirt or debris. Afterward, wipe down the lens with the cleaning cloth. It’s best to wipe in a circular motion.
- Scopes that are more than just a little dirty may need an anti-fog liquid lens cleaner and a lens cleaning tissue to get the job done. Always apply the liquid to the cleaning tissue and then wipe down your lens. Never drip the liquid directly onto the lens itself. Go back over the lens afterward with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.
- While there is always the option to pay a gunsmith to mount the scope to your rifle, it is a task you can complete on your own. Start off by mounting the scope low and then checking that the eye relief doesn’t smack into your nose. Now you can align the base and tighten the screws to secure the scope. Finally, you’ll need to mount the rings, check the alignment and position the scope.
- If you run into any trouble mounting your scope, check YouTube for step-by-step videos that you can follow. Sometimes seeing someone complete the task helps.
- Size, construction materials and the number of features all come in to play when pricing hunting scopes. The CVLIFE Hunting Rifle Scope and the CVLIFE Illuminated Scope are among the most budget-friendly options. You’ll pay a moderate cost for the UTG BugBuster Scope, while the Vortex Optics Crossfire II Riflescopes is able to command a higher price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide