ATAHANA Premium Jade Roller & Gua Sha
Last updated date: August 5, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Jade Rollers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Jade Roller you should buy.
Consider incorporating this jade roller into your beauty routine. It's been used for centuries by the Chinese to help stimulate blood flow, increase collagen levels and improve the elasticity of one's skin. The set includes a video tutorial to help you quickly learn how to use the roller to enjoy its maximum benefits. In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the ATAHANA ATAHANA Premium Jade Roller & Gua Sha placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Jade Roller for a detailed review of all the top jade rollers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Each roller is double checked and examined by hand to ensure the highest quality. Any roller that doesn’t meet our standards - a smooth roll, durable frame, and beautiful stone - is thrown out. Only the best rollers make it out our door and into yours. If you do receive an unsatisfactory roller, we’ll provide a replacement roller - no questions asked.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Jade Rollers
A jade roller is a massaging tool that is outfitted with real jade. This gemstone is known for its ability to remain cool, even when exposed to warmer temperatures, like that of the skin on your face and neck. It is believed to offer many benefits, including flushing lymphatic waste, reducing the puffiness under your eyes, improving skin elasticity and boosting circulation. If you’d like to give jade rollers a try, there are a few things you’ll want to consider as you shop for the best set.
Start off examining the material used to create the jade roller. Believe it or not, some jade rollers actually use a fake stone that won’t offer the same benefits as pure jade. The InnoCreation 3-In-1 Stone Jade Roller Massager Kit is an excellent choice, as it’s constructed from pure Dongling jade from Brazil. The company even handpicks each stone, so you know you’re always going to get the best quality.
Review how the jade roller is held together. You don’t want a model that glues the pieces in place, as it won’t last long. Instead, look for a roller with stainless steel joints, which are not only more durable but also rust-resistant. You’ll also want to look for a jade roller than has a silent design, as a squeaky roller may invoke feelings of stress. Most companies use silicone inserts to ensure a quiet roll.
Check what you’re getting with the jade roller set. Some models include just one jade roller with a large stone on one end and a small stone on the other; however, other rollers come with complementary tools. For example, the MoValues Original Jade Roller & Gua Sha Set has a jade roller, facial brush, Gua Sha massager and a small storage bag. Other sets include video and eBook instructions, so you can get the most out of your roller.
DWYM Fun Fact
Jade rollers have an interesting history and can be traced all the way back to the 7th century. The Chinese commonly refer to the stone as the “stone from heaven” and they used the stone for medicinal purposes. Some Chinese emperors actually believed that jade was so powerful that it could grant them immortality. They made 15 suits out of the stone, one of which is currently on display at the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge.
While the Chinese primarily used jade rollers to stimulate the acupressure points on the face, the Ancient Mayans and Egyptians used them to relieve sore muscles.
The Jade Roller Buying Guide
- Before you clean your jade rollers for the first time, it’s essential that you read the product care label. Most jade rollers cannot be washed using hot water. Instead, they require a wipe down using a soft rag that has been moistened using warm saltwater. It’s important that you immediately dry the jade off using a lint-free cloth after each washing.
- Check the company’s packing procedure before you buy. If the jade roller doesn’t come in a neatly organized box with a protective cut-out for the roller or doesn’t have a protective sponge inside, your roller may arrive damaged.
- You can place your jade roller in the refrigerator and use it cold. This is a great way to relieve tired skin and sore muscles.
- Jade rollers can be used in conjunction with your favorite face creams and elixirs. They actually help the skin better absorb the moisturizers. To begin, wash your face as you normally would using the products you already have on hand. Then dab your face with a towel until it is completely dry. Apply your preferred cream, oil or elixir without rubbing it in. Take out the jade roller and move it across your face in an upward direction. You can also gently roll the stone over your eyelids if you close your eyes. It should take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete the process.
- For best results use the jade roller at least three times per week.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not evaluate any of the claims made about jade rollers.
- There are several factors that affect the price of a jade roller set. These include whether fake or pure jade is used, how many pieces there are in the set and the quality of the product packaging. You’ll find the ATAHANA Premium Jade Roller & Gua Sha and the roselynboutique Jade Roller & Gua Sha Set are quite affordable. The MoValues Original Jade Roller & Gua Sha Set has a moderate price, while the InnoCreation 3-In-1 Stone Jade Roller Massager Kit, which uses handpicked pure Dongling jade from Brazil, commands the highest price.