AstroAI Portable Programmable Tire Inflators Air Pump, 100-PSI
Last updated date: March 18, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Air Pumps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Air Pump you should buy.
Update as March 18, 2023:
Checkout The Best Portable Air Pump for a detailed review of all the top portable air pumps.
You can check your tire pressure and correct it swiftly with this portable air pump. Most low tires can be brought up to the correct pressure within a few minutes thanks to the powerful motor. If you have an emergency at night, the built-in light can be a lifesaver.
In our analysis of 134 expert reviews, the AstroAI Portable Programmable Tire Inflators Air Pump, 100-PSI placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FAST INFLATION & ADVANCED ACCURACY: High-quality materials were sourced for this tire inflator as it can pump up your car’s tires with 35 L/Min, it can inflate the 195/55/R15 car tire from 0 to 35psi under 5 minutes. Professionally calibrated to always return a reading within 1.5% of the pressure of your tire. Please NOTE that after 10-15 minutes of continuous use, let the air compressor rest and cool for an equal amount of time at a minimum before continuing use. PROGRAMMABLE INFLATION: Use the “M” button to set your desired pressure unit, and then press the “+” and “-” buttons to set the desired pressure. The air compressor will automatically shut off when it reaches the pre-set pressure (Please make sure the pressure you set is higher than the current pressure of your tire). PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: One-click to change pressure units among PSI, kPa, BAR and KG/CM; Large white backlight LCD screen makes it easy to read even in the dark; Equipped with integrated LED flashlight with independent switch control for emergency use; 12V 120W 10ft (3.05 meters) long heavy-duty car cigarette lighter cord makes it convenient to use. WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS: 3 Nozzles and Extra Fuse Included. Inflates any Schrader valve on cars, SUVs, motorcycles, and bicycles; the included accessories quickly inflate balls, air pillows, cushions, balloons and mattresses. NOTE: This pump is NOT intended for use with high pressure or large volume applications like pools and Inflatable canoe. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Easily stow the compressor away in your car or garage and it will be ready to use at a moment’s notice. Package includes 1* digital air compressor, 1* Replacement Fuse, 3* Nozzle Adapters, 1* Valve Extender, 1* Quick Connector, 1* Screw Rotation Attach, 1* User Manual; If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We provide a 3-year warranty on this product.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Home Improvement Expert
Vicki Liston writes, produces, and narrates “On The Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show of unique project tutorials for the casual DIY’er.
Home improvement and all things DIY have been Liston’s passion since she bought her first house in 2007 and she started making video blogs in 2014. She’s performed hundreds of DIY projects, from small ones to major, wall-smashing renovations and can teach you how to make a trendy DIY barn door for cheap. The proceeds earned from “On The Fly…DIY” are donated to no-kill animal shelters and rescue organizations. You can find her show on Prime Video.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Air Pumps
A flat tire never happens at a convenient time. Whether you’re on the road or your car is parked, changing a flat tire can be a pain, even if you have a handy spare in the trunk. That’s where a portable air pump comes in. An air compressor can fill your tire to help you get from where you are to a tire repair shop without having to try to switch out a spare.
But the best place to keep your air pump is in the trunk of your car, which means portability is essential. With a portable air pump, you aren’t limited to storing it in your garage. Just pop your trunk and you’re ready to go. Look for an air pump that’s small and lightweight enough that it won’t be in your way when you’re transporting groceries, luggage and other essentials.
Expert Vicki Liston is writer, producer and narrator of “On the Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show. She’s personally seen the value of a portable air pump, which has helped her out with a flat tire or two. She’s also found that some air pumps can even come in handy for those around-the-house emergencies.
“Ensure you have a set of various nozzle adaptors and the possibilities are almost endless,” Liston says. “Unexpected house guests? That air mattress will fill up quickly and you are ready to entertain in no time. Do the kids need the wading pool and all 24 of their inflatable toys blown up? No problem and you can enjoy the rest of the afternoon out in the sun and watching them play. Have a dust-laden item you need to clean? Use your pump like a mini blow gun and be done in a few seconds. Arrive early to a birthday party only to find the parents dizzy, out of breath, and still blowing up that 100-count pack of balloons? Yes, your portable air pump will prove that not all heroes wear capes.”
Ease of use is another important feature to look for in an air pump. Many models feature auto-shutoff, which means you simply input the desired PSI — which refers to the pounds of air per square inch — and the unit stops pumping once you’ve reached it. Most auto manufacturers recommend a PSI of between 32 and 35 when the weather is cold, but check the sticker inside your drivers-side door to get information specific to your own vehicle.
The Portable Air Pump Buying Guide
- One of the handiest features on today’s air compressors is auto shutoff. Instead of monitoring it as it inflates your tire, you just input the amount of air you need and it automatically stops once it gets there. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor uses automatic shutoff. Although FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI has auto shutoff, it’s important to note that the PSI tends to read high, which means it may shut off before it’s reached your desired inflation level. With any air pump, though, you should monitor it until it’s finished and make sure it shuts off when it should.
- You’ll find while you’re shopping that many air pumps are built to operate from your car’s cigarette lighter, which is a 12-volt socket. Some models will connect both to your car socket and a wall plug, making it something you can use in your garage. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor, FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI will work only with your car’s 12-volt plug.
“I recommend purchasing a unit that has two power plug options – a 12V car socket and an AC wall plug,” Liston says. “This will allow you to power the unit whether you are stuck on the side of the road or working out of your garage.”
- Liston also recommends a power cord that’s at least 10 feet long to give you the reach you need. There are options that offer a power cord length of 11.5 feet. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor and FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI come close, at just over nine feet. If you opt for an air pump with shorter reach, you’ll need to keep an extension cord with your air pump so you’ll have the cord length you’ll need in an emergency.
- The power of your air pump will determine how long it takes to fill up your tires. Some models are able to put out 11 liters per minute thanks to a 120-watt motor. With the FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI, you’ll only get eight minutes of use before needing to let it cool down.
- The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor has a safety measure in the form of an overheat protection system. If the device reaches 1670 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit will shut down to protect it.
- Some air pumps come with special nozzles that increase the variety of items you can inflate. The nozzles that come with the EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compresso and the FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI allow you to inflate various vehicle tires as well as basketballs and swimming pool toys.
- Chances are, you plan to keep your air pump in the trunk of your car, making portability essential. The FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI is both compact and lightweight, at only 8 x 6.5 x 3.3 inches and 1.9 pounds. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor is also a lightweight and portable option at just around three pounds.
- Emergencies typically don’t happen when it’s most convenient. If you find yourself stranded with a flat tire late at night on the interstate, a light will come in handy. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor has built-in LED lights so that you can see what you’re doing no matter how dark it is.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide