ARTEZA Spiral-Bound Bleed-Resistant Paper 5.5 x 8.5-Inch Drawing Pad
Last updated date: January 10, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drawing Pads and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drawing Pad you should buy.
Update as January 10, 2022:
Checkout The Best Drawing Pad for a detailed review of all the top drawing pads.
The thick sheets of acid-free paper in this beautiful drawing pad measure 5.5 by 8.5 inches each. They are perforated and spiral bound to make each of the 100 pages easier to turn and tear out.
In our analysis, the ARTEZA ARTEZA Spiral-Bound Bleed-Resistant Paper 5.5 x 8.5-Inch Drawing Pad placed 1st when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High-quality ARTEZA colouring and drawing pad. Do you need a high-quality colouring pad to immortalise your creative ideas on paper? Then the Arteza sign pad is just the thing for you. Our spiral bound sketch book has these benefits: premium paper for sketching with 100 sheets of size 5.5 x 8.5 inches (14 x 21.6 cm) after separating the pages. Thick, slightly textured paper 68 lb (100 g/m²) spiral binding with perforation for easy page separation. Acid free to deteriorate the colour to prevent colour change colour colour A variety of dry media such as crayons, charcoal pencils, crayons, colouring pad and sketch pad. This versatile sketch book can also be used as a drawing pad with pencils, but is great for many different media and painting techniques.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drawing Pads
Although electronic drawing tablets are very popular these days, paper drawing pads and sketchbooks will never go out of style. They come in a variety of paper sizes and thicknesses, and there are a lot of options available for these versatile artistic tools.
If you are getting one for a young child who has never drawn much in the past, start out with something inexpensive and then gauge their level of interest over time. Your little one might have a talent for drawing, and you can help them expand their skills into other kinds of mediums and surfaces, if appropriate.
Drawing pads with thicker, heavier paper work better with markers, watercolor paint and other wet mediums, while lighter-weight paper is better suited for dry media. The texture or “tooth” of the paper is also important. When paper has more grooves and pits on its surface, it holds pigment from crayons, pastels and charcoal well. Use smooth paper for inks and pencils.
Sketchbooks can also have perforated sheets and binding, which makes it easier to turn the pages without making marks. Look for spiral-bound books if you prefer this option. Otherwise, try to find sheets that can be torn out without holes in them.
You will also need to know what size paper to get. Smaller drawing pads, like those of a standard 5.5-inch by 8.5-inch size, for example, are more portable but have less room for drawing.
The Drawing Pad Buying Guide
- Drawing pads are not only for artists; they are part of the creative process and are great for jotting down visual ideas that can’t easily be expressed into words.
- The sketchbook’s orientation is also important. Portrait orientation is vertical, with the binding running down the length. Landscape orientation is horizontal when open, with binding running down the width. The name of each describes the types of artwork they are best used for.
- Look for a durable cover for the pad if you plan on taking it out of your house.
- You can find drawing pads with paper in other colors besides traditional white if you want to use colorful pens for some really eye-catching sketches.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide