Aprilaire Electrostatically Charged 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filters, 2-Pack
Last updated date: July 26, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filter you should buy.
Update as July 26, 2022:
Checkout The Best 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filter for a detailed review of all the top 20x25x4-inch furnace filters.
If you suffer from allergies, you'll want to pick up this 20x25x4-inch furnace filter two-pack. It works to remove common allergens, such as mold spores, dust mites and pet dander. The filter also has a long life of up to 12 months!
In our analysis, the Aprilaire Aprilaire Electrostatically Charged 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filters, 2-Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A small change can make a big difference in your home environment. The Aprilaire 213 Healthy Home Allergy Air Filter removes common airborne allergens including dust pollen, mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, and dust mites as they pass through the MERV 13 filter. In addition, your HVAC system is protected from airborne particles, which helps lower your energy costs, and can prolong the life of your equipment. Discover a healthier home environment with the Aprilaire 213 Healthy Home Allergy Air Filter. Genuine Aprilaire filters are specifically engineered to work with your Aprilaire air cleaner. They are effective for 6-12 months compared to the traditional 1-3 month filter, saving you time and money. Our 4-inch filters provide more filter surface area for harmful particles to be captured compared to the traditional 1-inch filters. Aprilaire’s patented self-seal technology assures no air will pass by unfiltered, keeping your home clean and HVAC system operating at peak performance. Note: MERV is a scale used to measure the effectiveness of air filters. Higher number values translate to more effective filtration. Choose the Aprilaire Filter with the MERV rating that fits the needs of your family and home. Performance tested to ASHRAE 52.2 Standard, minimum efficiency reporting value – MERV 13.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filters
Indoor air quality is a hot topic of conversation, and it’s important to do what you can to ensure the air you and your family are breathing is safe and clean. A high-quality HVAC or furnace filter is a good way to ensure you’re removing harmful pollutants and germs out of the air. Furnace filters are designed to remove dust, dirt and debris from the air stream, which also helps to extend the longevity of your furnace’s motor.
There are many varieties of furnace filters, each with advantages and drawbacks. Electrostatic filters are long-lasting and washable. They have an electronic charge and work like a magnet to attract dust particles. Pleated filters increase the furnace area and can capture more particles in the air. They are deeper than other kinds of filters, so it’s best to see whether your furnace can accommodate them.
HEPA filters are popular for air purifiers and vacuums, but they are not as effective for furnaces because they can create a high amount of air flow resistance. They can often reduce air flow in the house, which affects the heating and cooling process. Activated carbon furnace filters absorb chemicals, fumes and odors from the air. They also remove allergens, harmful chemicals and other air pollutants.
The 20x25x4-Inch Furnace Filter Buying Guide
- Furnace filters come in different sizes, such as 20 by 25 by 4 inches. Be sure to check the size that is required by the make and model of your furnace. You will not be able to substitute different sizes of filters, so it’s vital to get the exact size that is required for your furnace.
- Changing or washing your furnace filters on a regular basis is key. Otherwise, you furnace filter cannot do its intended job. Each type of filter typically has a recommendation for when it should be changed or cleaned. As a rule of thumb, plan to replace or wash your furnace filter once every three months.
- In some cases, such as in really hot climates where the HVAC system runs constantly in the summer, you may need to replace or wash your furnace filter more frequently. This also applies to homes which have pets, as their dander and fur can cause furnace filters to need faster replacement.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide