Apple 3.5-mm Wired EarPods Headphones
Last updated date: October 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wired Earphones and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wired Earphone you should buy.
Update as October 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Wired Earphones for a detailed review of all the top wired earphones.
Unlike circular earbuds, these are designed according to the geometry of the ear. The speakers maximize the sound output and minimize sound loss. The built-in remote enables you to adjust volume and answer calls without touching your device.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Apple 3.5-mm Wired EarPods Headphones placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unlike traditional, circular earbuds, the design of the EarPods is defined by the geometry of the ear which makes them more comfortable for more people than any other earbud-style headphones. The speakers inside the EarPods have been engineered to maximize sound output and minimize sound loss, which means you get high-quality audio. The EarPods also include a built-in remote that lets you adjust the volume, control the playback of music and video, and answer or end calls with a pinch of the cord.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wired Earphones
Earphones are an important part of the digital experience. Often considered to be on the periphery, earphones allow you to hear all of your content without all the distractions of the outside world. While wireless headphones are all the rage, many prefer the reliability and sound quality provided by wired earphones. Whether you’re playing games on the computer, taking work calls over Zoom, talking to a friend on your phone or listening to some tunes, wired earphones are an excellent accessory to have.
There are a few different styles of earphones to consider. Over-ear headphones are the kind that cover the entire ear. They have excellent sound quality; however, they can take up a lot of space if you want to bring them with you wherever you go. In-ear monitors, sometimes called earbuds, are the small earphones that fit inside your ear. They are perfect for portability and often offer noise-canceling features. Gaming headsets provide another level of sound quality. They can be bulky, but they make up for it in surround-sound features.
The Wired Earphone Buying Guide
- Some earphones come with a companion app. If this is the case, be sure to check whether the app collects any data from you. Some shoppers value their privacy, especially when it comes to their data, so it’s important to know who you are sharing information with, why, how often and for what purpose. Typically, there is an option to opt out of data collection from the apps, but it can take some digging to find it.
- Do you work in a noisy environment or do you listen to your earphones out in public? In this case, you may want to consider noise-isolating or noise-canceling earphones. With these, ambient noises like passing cars, lawnmowers, background chatter and electronic hums can disappear. This can truly change your auditory experience.
- If you plan to use your wired earphones while you’re walking around outside, or wear them at the gym, then you will want to get a waterproof pair. That way, if you happen to get caught in the rain or take part in a particularly sweaty workout, you don’t have to worry about your earphones getting ruined.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide