Anpro Dual Scale Refractometer
Last updated date: July 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Refractometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Refractometer you should buy.
Update as July 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Refractometer for a detailed review of all the top refractometers.
You won't need a homebrew hydrometer when you go with this refractometer. The device measures the sugar content in your beer and provides automatic temperature compensation between -50 and 86 degrees Fahrenheit. The unit is lightweight, portable and takes just seconds to use.
In our analysis, the Anpro Anpro Dual Scale Refractometer placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Brix Refractometer Hand held refractometer with automatic temperature compensation -50°F ~86°F (10°C~30°C). Worth Refractometer: Portable sugar content tester, prefer replacement for hydrometer. Dual Scale Suitable for homebrew, sugar measurement, specific gravity 1. 000-1. 120 and Brix 0-32%. Easy use: After good calibration, place 2-3 drops of your brew on top of the prism. Close the daylight plate and take your reading. Portable Refractometer: Sturdy design, compact in size and light in weight, convenient to keep up and carry around. Best choice for homebrew, wine making, and other purposes. Color of the cleaning cloth: random color.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Refractometers
Required by people with a few select, niche hobbies or occupations, a refractometer is a unique tool with particular properties. Because of this, making the best choice can be challenging. Before shopping for a refractometer, considering several factors can help you determine what to look for to select the right tool for your needs.
Industry and application are the first considerations to bear in mind. If you are a professional beekeeper who wants to ascertain the best time to harvest honey, a refractometer designed to measure moisture, Brix (the sugar content of the liquid), and Baume (the density of the honey). Alternatively, if you have a saltwater pool, you will need a refractometer that tests the salinity of the water.
Ease of use is another factor to consider. You will appreciate a lightweight, portable device that you can pick up and carry as needed. And a prism that is easy to clean will provide more accurate results.
Prism material can be important, as well. While glass prisms are the most economical, they are not as durable as sapphire prisms, which are four times harder than glass.
The Refractometer Buying Guide
- If you prefer a manual instrument, shop for a transmission-style refractometer. With this device, you place a sample on the prism and align it by turning a control knob.
- If you prefer an automatic instrument, shop for a reflection-style refractometer. With this device, you place a sample on the prism and press a button to read the measurements.
- Density is not the only thing that can change the refractive index of a liquid. Temperature can affect it, as well. A high-quality refractometer will feature automatic temperature compensation, sometimes labeled ATC. This feature will provide consistent reports over a range of practical temperatures.
- Look for a dual-scale refractometer. These instruments report results in both Brix and specific gravity units.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide