Anker PowerCore+ Mini Portable Charger
Last updated date: July 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Chargers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Charger you should buy.
For portability, you can't go wrong with the Anker PowerCore+ Mini Portable Charger, which is slightly larger than a tube of lipstick. Its size makes it easy to slip into a pocket so that you can charge on the go. However, there are some sacrifices with this model, including the ability to only charge one device at a time. In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the Anker Anker PowerCore+ Mini Portable Charger placed 14th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Portable Charger for a detailed review of all the top portable chargers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Anker PowerCore+ mini The often copied but never equalled lipstick-shaped portable charger is now better than ever. From Anker, America's Leading Charging Brand Faster and safer charging with our leading technology 30 million+ happy users and counting Same Size, Better Performance The original lipstick tube design. Now upgraded with premium quality battery cells to ensure superior performance and safety. PowerIQ Intelligent high-speed charging for all your devices. Convenient LED Indicator Light lets you know how much juice is left. MultiProtect Safety System Surge protection, short circuit protection and premium LG battery cells keep you and your devices safe. World Famous Warranty At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support. Notes: Use the included Micro-USB cable, your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi); AC adapter not included. Please use your original Apple charging cable (not included) to charge Apple products. Compatible with most USB-charged devices, including iPhone 8 / X / XS / XS Max / XR (Lightning cable required), Android smartphones and tablets (including the Nexus 7). Not compatible with the iPod nano, iPod Classic; Not for devices with an input below 50mA (e. g. some Bluetooth headsets and GPS devices). To enable USB-A output, press the button below the output before connecting your device. The rated capacity (minimum output) is 2010mAh. What's in the Box 1 Anker PowerCore+ mini portable charger 1 Micro USB cable 1 travel pouch 1 welcome guide
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Chargers
There’s no shortage of portable chargers available. In fact, once you start shopping, you’ll likely immediately be aware of the vast array of products out there. But although portable chargers may look alike, some even promising very similar specifications, there are notable differences from one product to the next.
One of the biggest features to look at when shopping for a portable charger is how long it will take to charge your devices. This is especially important if you have a device with fast-charging capabilities since not all portable chargers support that. A device that can fully charge multiple items at once in a limited amount of time may be well worth paying extra or sacrificing other features, such as portability.
Another feature that sets some newer chargers apart from others is the ability to charge more than just a smartphone or tablet. Some of these devices can charge a laptop or gaming console, making them useful if you’re regularly out and about with these items. You’ll also find some chargers can plug into your computer and act as a hub, charging multiple devices at once while you’re working.
While all portable chargers are designed to tuck into backpacks and laptop bags, some are even more powerful. If it’s important to be able to slip your charger into a pocket or handbag, look for much smaller devices. Some are only slightly larger than a tube of lipstick, making them especially portable, but you may sacrifice power and charging capabilities for that convenience.
While you’re waiting for your devices to charge, you may occasionally want to check in on status. Some chargers have indicator lights that show you exactly where you are in the process, giving you a general idea of the time you have left. However, if you’re only charging smartphones and laptops, you’ll likely be able to get this same information by looking at the device itself.
DWYM Fun Fact
USB-C is poised to revolutionize the way devices are charged. Instead of having multiple ports on a device for all the different cables you need, with a USB-C, you can use the same port as both an input and an output. This can be seen on newer equipment like MacBooks. You can either plug your power cord or your USB charging cord into any of the ports provided, aside from the headphone jack, but even that is changing. Some phones replace the headphone jack with a USB-C port, although you’ll still find the traditional 3.5mm headphone jack on laptops. The goal with USB-C is not only to streamline the ports that devices need to have but also to provide a single standard that will make life easier for everyone.
The Portable Charger Buying Guide
- A good portable charger starts with its power. Portable chargers can range from 10,000 to 26,800 mAh.
- The time it takes to charge is also a top consideration. Although this can vary depending on the capacity of each device you’re charging, some portable chargers have the ability to charge two or three devices at once at a lightning-fast speed.
- Before you can charge other items, you’ll need to charge the portable charging device. You’ll want to evaluate your new portable charger on how quickly it charges up, depending on your needs.
- One factor determining how quickly your portable charger can get results is whether or not it supports the new fast-charging capabilities built into many modern devices.
- New charging technologies built into devices like laptops and gaming consoles make it easier to build portable chargers for them. Some portable chargers can not only charge your smartphone but can also capably charge the newer MacBooks that have Thunderbolt ports, as well as the Nintendo Switch.
- If you’re concerned about portability, look closely at the weight and size of the devices you’re considering. Do you need a device that you can carry in your pocket, or is a slightly larger charge OK for your needs?
- Some portable chargers have longer, slimmer profiles, similar in shape to a smartphone. The measure around 6 inches by 3 inches, meaning they’ll still easily slip into a laptop bag or purse, but they may not be quite as easy to carry around all day with you.
- Portability comes at a cost, however. Smaller chargers can typically only charge one device at a time. Larger chargers can charge up to three devices at once.