AmazonBasics Platform Foldable Metal Bed Frame
Last updated date: September 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as October 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Metal Bed Frames for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Platform Foldable Metal Bed Frame placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Get a more restful night’s sleep with help from the AmazonBasics Platform Bed Frame, Black. The sturdy bed frame features a raised, rectangular-shaped design with horizontal panels and cross rows of wires that effectively support a mattress without the need for a box spring. The well-made bed frame sets up quickly and easily (no tools required), and it accommodates sleepers up to 250 pounds. Typical bed frames require a box spring and leave minimal space underneath for storage. The platform bed frame, however, offers the same comfortable crawl-into-bed height, but it doesn’t require a box spring, which means a height clearance of about 13 inches underneath. Effortlessly slide boxes, storage bins, drawers, and more under the bed for easy-to-access, out-of-the-way storage space. Unlike other bed frames that can be squeaky, the AmazonBasics platform bed frame ensures quiet, noise-free support, even when rolling over from one side to the other during the night.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Bed frames are the foundation to a good night’s sleep. So before you make a purchase, check this guide for suggestions of things to look for in an ideal metal bed frame.
Once you’ve landed on a bed frame made of metal, decide if you’d like your bed to have a headboard. Some models come with a headboard, while others might not come with a headboard, but allow for attaching one as long as you have the appropriate hardware.
If you live in a small apartment or home, you’ll also want to take storage space into consideration. How much space does the metal bed frame offer underneath for storing everything from photo albums to your wedding dress?
The type of mattress you plan to use with the bed frame is also important. There are styles of bed frames that work with memory foam, traditional spring and hybrid mattresses. Additionally, most frames can handle a box spring, but keep in mind that not all bed frames are designed for both a box spring and a mattress.
Also consider looking for a metal bed frame that won’t creak every time you roll over in the middle of the night, particularly if you’ve got little ones in the house.
Finally, check to see how easy or complex the metal bed frame is to assemble. Some models require the use of your own tools, while others don’t need any tools at all. If you have a handyman in your home, this may not be an issue.
The Buying Guide
- Most bed frames made of metal can be wiped down with a wet cloth to remove accumulated dust. You’ll also want to do this if you ever need to fold up and store the frame, such as during a move or to set aside for when company visits.
- If your metal frame has any rust spots, brush the rust off with steel wool. Afterward, coat the area with a sealant.
- When storing a bed frame, it is important to wrap it in some kind of blanket. Moving blankets are ideal for this. Not only does this protect the frame, but it also keeps the metal frame from scratching anything else in your garage or storage unit.
- Not all bed frames are ideal for all mattress types. Before you select a frame, make sure you know it will accommodate the type of mattress you plan to buy. Additionally, not all bed frames are capable of attaching to a headboard. If you plan to use a headboard, check to see what hardware, if any, is needed to get the job done.
- If you ever need to move your bed around the room due to a remodel, consider using a set of sliding discs under the feet. These discs protect your flooring, while making it a cinch to push the bed into a new position.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide