AmazonBasics Gold-Plated HDMI Extender Cable, 6-Foot
Last updated date: September 30, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top HDMI Extender Cables and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best HDMI Extender Cable you should buy.
Update as September 23, 2022:
Checkout The Best HDMI Extender Cable for a detailed review of all the top hdmi extender cables.
Get clear picture and sound with this HDMI extender cable that supports 3D video and ARC. It has 30 AWG for pure-copper conductors and triple shielding for interference protection. The connectors are 24K gold-plated for optimal signal transfer.
In our analysis, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Gold-Plated HDMI Extender Cable, 6-Foot placed 16th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Improve your home-entertainment system with help from the AmazonBasics High-Speed Male to Female HDMI Extension Cable. Combining both audio and video into one, the male-to-female 6-foot cable makes it easy to connect your HDMI-compatible device to an HDTV, Ultra HD (4K) TV, monitor, or projector. HDMI-compatible devices might include a personal computer, laptop, Blue-ray/DVD player, Apple TV, AV receiver, Roku streaming-media player, HD cable box, or gaming station (like Play Station, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, or Nintendo Wii or Wii U).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On HDMI Extender Cables
HDMI stands for high-definition multimedia interface. It is a kind of cable that carries digital video and audio signals. It is the best option for connecting any kind of high-definition video sources, such as computers, blue-ray players, home theater receivers and cable TV boxes. The HDMI cable has 19 pins that provide a clear visual and sound.
There are four different types of HDMI cables: standard speed without Ethernet, standard-speed with Ethernet, high-speed without Ethernet and high-speed with Ethernet. In order to make sure your HDMI extender cable can support any modern technology, it’s best to go with a high-speed cable. This is especially important if you’re going for a long-length cable or a cable that needs to go through a wall.
Keep in mind that HDMI is a digital standard. This means that the quality of the cable does not make a difference in the visual and audio signals. If there is a connection using an HDMI cable, then you will either get a clear transmission or you won’t. There will not be any in-between such as an unclear transmission. This is important to note when looking for HDMI extender cables, especially those the tout a clearer signal than others.
The HDMI Extender Cable Buying Guide
- When looking for an HDMI extender cable, pay attention to the length. You can find HDMI extender cables in multiple different lengths, including 1.5 feet, 3 feet and 10 feet.
- If you want to get a 3D video signal, opt for a high-speed HDMI cable. Otherwise, you will not able to support the current technologies you have. Many high-speed HDMI cables can also carry a 4K video signal.
- Some HDMI extender cables have a gold-plated connector. In terms of the quality of transmission, you won’t see any difference between an HDMI extender cable that has a gold-plated connector and one that doesn’t. However, ones that do not have gold-plated connectors may corrode more easily and require replacement or cleaning. If you’re planning on creating a complex system and installing a cable through a wall, opt for an HDMI extender cable with a gold-plated connector.
- If you want to be able to keep your technology components closer to the wall, you can look for an HDMI extender cable that has an angled connector. They are at a 90-degree angle to the cable, so they take up less room and reduce cable strain.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide