AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch
Last updated date: April 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Spinner Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Spinner Suitcase you should buy.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch keeps your items protected. The hard outer shell is also scratch resistant, so it continues to look like new year after year. As an added bonus, the spinner suitcase expands to provide 15% more capacity. In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Spinner Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top spinner suitcases .
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
A great choice for international travel, this AmazonBasics hardside spinner luggage measures 21.6 inches--a size that's accepted as carry-on for most international flights. The luggage also works well for weekend getaways or one- to two-day business trips, offering enough packing space to hold a few changes of clothes, toiletries, and a pair of shoes. The 21.6-inch spinner luggage provides a durable zipper for reliable closure, and its expandable design creates up to 15% more packing space for extra room when you need it (and less when you don't).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Spinner Suitcases
Attempting to carry too much weight can result in a back injury. It’s good practice to avoid carrying more than 20% of your body weight. Thankfully, spinner suitcases don’t require you to lift any weight at all.
Spinner suitcases use four, or sometimes two, wheels and a telescoping handle to allow travelers to push or pull their luggage instead of carrying it. You’ll find spinners on both carry-ons and checked bags. The important thing is to check that the wheels have a 360-degree rotation and that the telescoping handle has at least three adjustable levels.
Durability and being able to withstand the elements are also important. Always take the time to examine the construction of a spinner suitcase before you purchase one. An ABS+PC hard plastic shell is a good buy, as it protects the contents of the luggage from rough handling without sustaining any dents.
You may wish to opt for a nylon fabric bag instead, as these tend to be more lightweight. You’ll want to make sure, however, that the suitcase has a water and stain-resistant coating. If it doesn’t, rainwater may seep into the bag and wet your clothing.
Finally, consider all of the added features the spinner suitcase has to offer. You may decide to purchase a model with a built-in TSA lock or one that expands by 15%. Perhaps you prefer a bag with a fully lined interior and a multitude of organizational pockets. Adjustable hold-down straps are also nice, as they help keep your clothing wrinkle-free.
DWYM Fun Fact
Since many pieces of luggage look similar at first glance, you’ll want to take a few measures to make your spinner suitcase stand out in the baggage claim area. This way, you’ll quickly be able to spot your bag, grab it and head on over to your hotel.
- Choose a spinner suitcase in a bright color. Black, brown and dark blue suitcases are going to be plentiful, but a bright orange, yellow or green suitcase won’t.
- Tie a piece of fabric around the handle of your suitcase. You can use a scarf, handkerchief, ribbon or hair bow to help you spot your bag.
- Add a decal to the bag. Make sure you put this unique decal in a place that is easy to spot at a distance.
- Use a luggage belt. Did you know they actually make luggage belts that you can wrap around your suitcase to make it easy to identify? They do and they are actually pretty stylish!
The Spinner Suitcase Buying Guide
- Always give your luggage a once-over before you leave the baggage claim area. If you want to be compensated by the airline for a damaged bag, you’ll need to file a complaint right away.
- At the end of each trip, it’s a good idea to completely empty your suitcase, vacuum out any dirt or sand and wipe down the bag’s interior, handles and spinner wheels. Afterward, store your luggage in a cool dry location, as humid areas can cause moisture that allows mold and mildew to grow.
- Consider purchasing a spinner suitcase that also comes with a warranty. This provides added protection against defects and may even cover the cost of any repairs due to damage during travel.
- The price of spinner suitcases is directly related to the size of the luggage. That means you’ll pay less for the COOLIFE Expandable TSA Lock Spinner Suitcase, 20-Inch and the AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch than you would the Samsonite Omni Expandable Spinner Luggage, 26-Inch or the Travelpro Maxlite 5 Expandable Luggage, 25-Inch, as they are 4-6 inches smaller.