Amazon Echo Spot Smart Alarm Clock
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Clock Radios and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Clock Radio you should buy.
For a modern twist on a clock radio, choose the Echo Spot Smart Alarm Clock. With Alexa-equipped software, a video screen and customizable dimming features, this product is sure to save you time and patience. The video quality is great along with the audio features. We love the sleek look of this alarm radio. In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the Amazon Amazon Echo Spot Smart Alarm Clock placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 12, 2019:
Checkout The Best Clock Radio for a detailed review of all the top clock radios.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Echo Spot brings you everything you love about Alexa, in a stylish and compact design that can show you things. Just ask to see the weather, get the news with a video flash briefing, set an alarm, see lyrics with Amazon Music, see your calendar, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. Personalize your Spot with a collection of clock faces to suit your style or set a photo background from Prime Photos. Plus, make calls to friends and family or make video calls to anyone with an Echo Spot, Echo Show, or the Alexa App. Echo Spot features far-field technology with four microphones, beamforming technology, and enhanced noise cancellation, so it can hear you from across the room-even while music is playing. Echo Spot provides hands-free voice control for your music. Watch as the display comes alive to show song lyrics, custom stations, curated playlists, and album art with Amazon Music. You can also listen to audiobooks from Audible, podcasts, radio stations, news briefs, and more. Echo Spot also connects to Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio–giving you voice control for all of your music. Echo Spot is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services. Echo uses tens of thousands of skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more with your device, like test your trivia knowledge with Jeopardy!, find your inner Zen with Headspace, track your fitness with Fitbit, fall asleep to ambient sounds, play games, and more. It’s easy to get started – just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills.” New skills are being added all the time. Discover skills and see ratings and reviews in the skill section of the Alexa app or by visiting the skill homepage. You can also create your own custom Alexa responses in minutes by using Alexa Skill Blueprints to create your own Alexa Skills.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Clock Radios
Waking up isn’t always the easiest, so facilitate that transition with a peaceful clock radio by your bed. You will find a wide range of options, including sunrise simulators for those winter blues. But don’t think the highest cost clock is going to be the best for you. Discover what you need and want in a clock radio and research the products available. Consumer reviews can be helpful as you make your decision.
When you start to think about the clock radio that will work best for you, think about style. For style, you can have fun picking out the color, shape and size that suits your décor. There is no end to the possible fun you can have picking out a stylish clock radio for your space.
The features are perhaps the most important aspect to consider when choosing a clock radio. For most people, waking up for work or school can be a tough task. Make it a bit less dreadful by finding an alarm clock radio that has settings for the radio or a variety of alarm sound choices.
Most clock radios feature USB ports, so you can connect your technology to it and get your day moving with your favorite playlist. The DreamSky Decent Alarm Clock Radio is the perfect example of this. With USB port, digital display and even a temperature gauge, you get all the features with this clock radio.
The Echo Spot-Smart is perhaps the most modern clock radio with the Alexa feature. With a screen to watch the news, an excellent speaker and a far-reaching voice technology, you can have this clock radio do almost anything for you in the morning, even read a book to you.
Another clock radio that is packed with features is the Magnasonic Projection Alarm Clock. A large LCD screen shows the time, temperature and day. A 180-degree projection light at the top of the unit displays the time on your wall or ceiling in big bold numbers so you will always have the time handy. In addition, you can control the brightness and volume with the easy touch of a button.
DYWM Fun Fact
- Way back in 1787, Levi Hutchins created the first alarm clock in New Hampshire. This alarm clock was designed exclusively for farmers with only one setting and that was an alarm that went off at 4 a.m. The story told, is that his wife murdered him on a cold winter morning at 4:05 AM.
- Others believe the first alarm clock was invented in the 1400s in Germany and consisted of a bronze bell. Still others say Taqi Al-Din, a Turkish scientist invented the alarm clock in 1559. But the familiar alarm clocks of today were definitely created in 1876.
- The clock radios that mimic the sunrise are highly recommended by psychologists for a more natural rising than other alarm clock radios. They will help your mind and body ease into waking up as if you had the sun coming in your bedroom windows.
- At one point, there was an alarm clock that had wheels and would hide itself so that you’d have to get out of bed and find it to turn it off.
- Cloche, meaning bell, is the French root word of clock.
The Clock Radio Buying Guide
- Buying the most expensive clock radio is not going to get you what you want. You really want to try and find something that suits your needs, whether that is the extra features of the projector light, USB ports for your phone or MP3 player or even just the temperature displayed in addition to the time.
- Think about where you want to place your clock radio before buying since that will determine the features you want in the product.
- Consumer reviews are always a great place to start your search for a clock radio.
- Finding clock radios in the store before you buy online is a good way to look at features and styles that you might like.
- Find a product that carries a warranty for your protection.