Amazon Basics Countertop Knife Set, 14-Piece
Last updated date: December 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Knife Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Knife Set you should buy.
Update as December 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Knife Set for a detailed review of all the top knife sets.
A beautiful pine wood block displays and organizes all the utensils in this knife set. The knives themselves are made out of a high-carbon stainless steel, which not only resists rust, but also remains durable over time. In addition to the 11 included knives, this set also offers a knife sharpener and a pair of kitchen scissors.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Amazon Basics Countertop Knife Set, 14-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
14-piece set includes (11) knives, (1) pair kitchen scissors/shears and (1) knife sharpener neatly stored within (1) pine knife block. Knives include: (1) 8-inch chef's knife, (1) 8-inch slicing knife, (1) 8-inch bread knife, (1) 5.5-inch utility knife, (1) 3.5-inch peeling/paring knife, (6) 4.5-inch steak knives. Superior, high carbon stainless-steel blades for precision results and lasting sharpness. Triple-rivet black POM handles ensure a comfortable, secure grip. Versatile, durable countertop set for everyday kitchen and dining use.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Knife Sets
A good set of knives can last a while. In fact, you may buy a set when you move into your first apartment and find that you still have it when you’re ready to upgrade to your first home. But every knife has a shelf life, which means you’ll eventually have to trade that old set in for a new one.
There are many factors to consider when you’re shopping for knives. Many knife sets come in wood blocks fitted with slots perfectly shaped to fit each knife. Do you need a block? That depends. Some homeowners prefer to have their knives neatly tucked away in a drawer when not in use. Others prefer those magnetic strips that hang on a wall to hold the knives in place.
The benefit of a knife block is it turns your cutlery into an attractive part of your kitchen décor. You can find a wood type and color that perfectly matches your own kitchen, making it an enhancement. But beyond storing your knives, you’ll also need to consider the type and quality of the set you’re buying.
At the very least, you’ll likely need steak knives and perhaps a utility knife for your kitchen. But if you’re a true chef, there’s a wide range of knives you’ll need, including those that can help with peeling fruits and vegetables or cutting bread without tearing it. One nice upgrade is sharpening steel to keep your knives in peak condition for many years. Many knife sets also come with kitchen shears for the many times you’ll need them.
Of course, the quality of knives is also important. Look for well-known brands like Cuisinart and Wusthof, which have established themselves as leaders in their industry. When a manufacturer develops a reputation as having a commitment to excellence, you’ll know you’re getting a product that’s built to last.
The Knife Set Buying Guide
- Chances are one of the top factors in choosing a knife set for your kitchen is appearance. You may wish to go with a light-colored wood block or a dark walnut. The Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece comes with a translucent caddy, making it a better pick for matching existing kitchenware.
- You can’t go wrong with a classic, so look for a model that blends with every type of décor. The Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece is popular as well, perhaps in part due to its versatility.
- Once you’ve gotten past the aesthetics, it’s time to look at the actual cutlery each set offers. The fullest range of knives comes with the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece. In each set, you’ll get a parer, utility knife, serrated bread knife, Santoku, chef’s knife, steak knives, shears and a sharpener. But if you only need the basics, a set that includes a parer, utility knife, bread knife, shears and honing steel is just fine.
- Before you invest in a knife set, you likely want to make sure it will last. The Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece set offers superb quality, while other sets are also durable, thanks to their tough handle and laser-tested edge.
- The lowest-priced set in the bunch is the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece, which is a great deal with 16 knives and a block included for just under $35. The Master Maison Premium Kitchen Knife Set & Block, 7-Piece set is slightly more expensive than that, with the Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece retailing for around $60.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide