Amazon Basics Blackout Kitchen Window Curtains, 2-Panel
Last updated date: October 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Window Curtains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Window Curtain you should buy.
Update as October 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kitchen Window Curtains for a detailed review of all the top kitchen window curtains.
Made from 100% polyester, this two-pack of blackout curtains is crafted with a triple-weave fabric for better coverage. It also includes velcro ties and it fits on standard or decorative rods.
In our analysis, the Amazon Basics Amazon Basics Blackout Kitchen Window Curtains, 2-Panel placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Polyester. Imported. 2-pack of 100% blackout curtain panels for blocking sunlight, UV rays, reducing outside noise, and ensuring total privacy in any room. Creates energy-saving insulating barrier against heat and cold, keeping room cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Rod pocket fit standard or decorative rods; includes 2 Velcro ties for pulling back the curtains. Constructed with innovative triple-weave fabric with thick blackout coating on the backside; machine washable. Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards. Dimensions: 52 x 63 inches per panel (Note: wrinkles from packing will be mitigated after hanging or ironing).
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kitchen Window Curtains
Before shopping for kitchen curtains, carefully measure the window. If you want your curtains to cover the entire window when the curtains are closed, make sure to measure the width of the window and add 12 inches to each side. So, you’d add 24 inches to the window’s width, and then divide it by how many panels you want.
This means that if your window measures 60 inches wide and you add 24 inches, then divide by two, you’ll get 42 inches, and you’ll want to shop for curtain panels that are 42 inches wide.
Next, determine the length that you need. You can do this by measuring the length of the space with a ruler or a measuring tape. Generally speaking, kitchen curtains either come up to the windowsill or rest slightly below.
Ready-made curtains come in standard sizes, so once you have the measurements, you can start shopping. In most cases, you will also have to get curtain rods for these and will need to measure for them. Alternatively, you can buy tension rods that fit within window frames. However, do not use these with heavy curtains, as they are unlikely to support the weight.
Many kitchen curtains are made with pockets to fit over curtain rods, while others have ties or grommets. If your curtains do have pockets, make sure to get these measurements before purchasing, as well, to ensure a proper fit over the curtain rod.
Kitchen curtains can be sheer, medium-weight or heavyweight. If you want maximum privacy and no light, look for blackout curtains. These have the added benefit of regulating room temperatures. You can find sets that have two panels, or others that have top valances and bottom tier curtains; the latter can be sold separately or in sets.
Shop for curtain materials that are easy to clean, especially if they will be near where you are cooking.
The Kitchen Window Curtain Buying Guide
- Curtains are a great way to add colors and patterns to a kitchen. If you are more into a modern aesthetic, shop for neutral colors and interesting curtain rods to bring a subtle pop to your space.
- Small kitchens benefit from lighter, cool colors that can make them look bigger and brighter.
- Darker and warmer colors can make larger kitchens feel more welcoming.
- Sheer, semi-sheer and translucent materials offer the least amount of privacy, but look soft and elegant.
- Café curtains are shorter than full-length ones and usually cover up half a window. These can look nice on their own, or you can add valances for more coverage.
- When you need to clean your curtains, be sure to read the labels first. Not all kitchen curtains are machine-washable.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide