Alpine Corporation DIG100XS-RD Antique Outdoor Patio Fountain
Last updated date: March 11, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Patio Fountains and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Patio Fountain you should buy.
Update as March 11, 2022:
Checkout The Best Patio Fountain for a detailed review of all the top patio fountains.
Bring a calming and soothing presence to any space with this unique fountain. It is quiet and continuously circulates water. The cracked jar look brings a vintage but colorful touch to your space.
In our analysis, the Alpine Corporation Alpine Corporation Antique Outdoor Patio Fountain placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Unplug from the day and meditate to the sound of flowing water with the Alpine Corporation Jar Fountain. The sleek, stylish design adds a Zen look, while the relaxing, gentle water falling helps to bring in a natural calming element. This indoor/outdoor fountain looks great in your garden, patio, deck, porch, or home decor space. The fiberglass and concrete construction is weather-proof, rust-resistant, and durable for years of quality use. The weight of the fountain and sturdy base allow it to stay upright in the strongest wind. To use, simply plug in to any electrical outlet with the 6.5 ft. cord, fill with water, and watch as the interior 12V pump creates a lovely water flow. With a 1-year warranty, you can be confident in the quality of your purchase. Fountain measures 15″L x 15″W x 33″H for use in yards of any size. Alpine Corporation is one of America’s leading designers, importers, and distributors of superior quality home and garden decor products. Alpine’s award winning in-house design team continuously develops new and innovative “statements pieces” for your home and garden. Your outdoor living spaces will be the envy of the neighborhood with our wide assortment of fresh, fashionable and contemporary products, from beautifully crafted solar garden stakes featuring patented motion and fiber optic lighting technology to gorgeous glass and glow-in-the-dark bird baths and feeders.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Patio Fountains
Enjoying time in your backyard with your family and friends is a great way to get some fresh air. Setting up a backyard oasis will encourage everyone to get outdoors and spend more time there. Classic patio furniture, an outdoor rug and bright cushions create a welcoming atmosphere. Another way to make your outdoor space more inviting and stylish is by installing an outdoor patio fountain. They are beautiful fixtures that are not only nice to look at but also to listen to. The sound of the water flowing creates a relaxing and serene environment your whole family will enjoy.
There are a number of different types of patio fountains available. A rock wall patio fountain brings additional textural elements to the fixture. Typically, these water fountains are made from different kinds of rock materials. They have a rough texture and are usually vertical. The water flows from the top of the fountain all the way to the bottom, hitting the different edges of the rocks along the way. This creates a sound much like a real waterfall. This kind of patio fountain is ideal if you have noisy neighbors or hear traffic in your backyard, as the water’s sound can block them out.
If you want to minimize the sound of the water rushing down, then opt for a tabletop patio fountain. This is a small fixture that sits on a table surface. It’s a great stress reliever and can enhance focus for meditation. The noise is fairly subtle. If you plan on spending a lot of time outdoors in the evening and late into the night, then opt for a lit patio fountain. These kinds of fountains can come in different designs. They typically have long-lasting LED lights built in, so they stand out when it’s dark outside.
For those who want to invite nature into your backyard space, go with a birdbath-style patio fountain. The bubbling water in the birdbath is fun to listen to and keeps the water moving. This attracts birds who want to play and splash in the water. If you want a more subtle kind of patio fountain, you can try a disappearing style. In this kind of fountain, the water looks as though it disappears at is hits the ground, only to come back up again from the top.
The Patio Fountain Buying Guide
- The durability, texture, style and weight of your patio fountain will depend on the type of material it’s made out of. There are a number of options to choose from. Cast stone is a popular option that is durable and provides multiple style choices. It brings a more antique and classical look to your fountain. Glass fiber reinforced concrete is an incredibly strong material, which makes it perfect for outdoor patio fountains.
- If you like the look of stone but not the weight or cost, then polystone is a good option. Not only is it lightweight, but it is wallet friendly as well. If weight is important, then fiberglass is a good option that is incredibly light. However, if you live in an area with high winds, this may not work for you as it can easily be blown over. For those who like a more modern and contemporary look, stainless steel is the perfect choice. It’s durable, flexible and does not rust.
- If you live in a cold climate that sees below-freezing temperatures, ice, snow and hail, then it’s important to winterize your patio fountain. This will not only increase its lifespan, but will mitigate any potential issues with the hose or pumps. Before the onset of winter, be sure to drain the water fountain completely. Disconnect the water pump and hose and store indoors or in the garage. Cover the basin or bowl of the patio fountain with a material so that water does not collect in it, such as burlap or plastic. Use a large tarp to cover the whole fountain if you are keeping it outdoors.
- In order to keep your patio fountain running well, it’s important to clean it out fully every few months. Make sure there are no leaves, twigs or debris clogging any of the water features. Use a gentle cleaning product to wipe down the whole patio fountain with a soft rag. Remember that any abrasive chemical is not safe for use on patio fountains because they may come in contact with plants and animals.
- Your backyard oasis will flourish with a patio fountain, but you can also add in other elements. Consider hanging some colorful outdoor lights in your space so that you can enjoy the backyard at night as well. If you like music, add some outdoor speakers that you can play songs through to set a relaxing and fun ambiance.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide