ALLADINBOX Stretch Fabric Pool Filter Socks, 30-Count
Last updated date: May 8, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pool Filter Socks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pool Filter Sock you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2022:
Checkout The Best Pool Filter Sock for a detailed review of all the top pool filter socks.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the ALLADINBOX Stretch Fabric Pool Filter Socks, 30-Count placed 6th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AVOID EXPENSIVE REPAIRS: Pool skimmer socks protect the pump impeller and shaft seal from damage or clogging, extending the lifespan of your pool filter system. MESH FILTER SOCKS: These nylon filter sicks are easy to install, you can put them on and off the basket easily, and they will help to capture dog hair, dust, oil, leaves, pine needles, little bugs and other debris. ULTRA DURABLE MESH POOL SKIMMER SOCKS: These premium quality nylon pool basket filter socks are made from ultrafine mesh and durable elastic, which can be reused many times. EASY TO INSTALL: Simple easy to stretch fabric fits perfectly over your pool skimmer basket. Even the basket handle easily snaps back on for even easier use. Replace with new skimmer sock every 4-8 weeks. UNIVERSAL RANG OF USE: These pool skimmer basket socks will fit any size and shape skimmer basket including those made by Swimquip, Hayward, Pentair and other major manufacturers.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pool Filter Socks
There is nothing quite like cannonballing into your pool on a scorching hot day and enjoying the feeling of the refreshing water. From lounging on a pool float to having races with your friends, there is so much joy a pool can bring. However, all of that can be easily ruined if you’re constantly dodging leaves, twigs, bugs and other items getting into your pool.
A pool filter sock is a simple solution that can trap small debris which lands into your pool – everything from grass to insects. They are stretchy enough to fit in most skimmer baskets and can ensure the debris doesn’t come back out into the water once it enters the filtration area. All you have to do is stretch the pool filter sock over the top of the skimmer basket. The ultra-fine mesh of the material can capture debris before it reaches your pool pump and causes damage – and ensures you don’t end up with a face-full of leaves while you’re splashing around.
Worried about how messy cleaning the pool filter sock can be? It’s actually very simple. Typically, you just have to clean it every four to eight weeks, depending on how full it is from the debris. All you have to do is wash it out using a garden hose. You can reuse the same pool filter sock a number of times, or simply replace it with a new one if it is heavily soiled. Just remember to check it often to make sure it hasn’t filled up – because then it will not be able to capture additional debris.
The Pool Filter Sock Buying Guide
- How many pool filter socks do you need? It all depends on what works best for your needs. If your pool is located in an area where it gets a heavy amount of debris, such as nearby a lot of trees, then you will find you need to clean and change your pool filter sock frequently. However, if you don’t get a lot of debris in your pool, you may be able to last up to eight weeks without having to change it or clean it. You can find pool filter socks in packs of 20, 30 or 100.
- Compatibility may be a factor for some people so it’s important to check whether the pool filter sock can fit the basket of your pool. Some pool filter socks will note the specific brands of filter baskets they are compatible with while others will list the size of pool basket they can fit. Some will be designed for in-ground pools while others will be for above-ground pools. Some may fit both of those styles of pool filter baskets. For more flexibility in how you use the pool filter socks, check to see if they work with spas and hot tubs as well.
- Some people place the chlorine tablet for their pools in the pool filter sock. However, this can actually erode the material of the sock and make it ineffective for trapping debris. If you want to take this route, be sure to check the pool filter sock packaging to ensure it can actually work with a chlorine tablet in it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide