AIR FORT Inflatable Polyester Kids’ Fort
Last updated date: October 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kids' Forts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kids' Fort you should buy.
Update as October 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Kids’ Fort for a detailed review of all the top kids' forts.
This fort only takes seconds to set up. With a 77 inch-wide space that's 50 inches tall, it can fit several children and adults inside. The fort is made from a breathable and lightweight polyester fabric and comes with a matching storage bag.
In our analysis, the AIR FORT AIR FORT Inflatable Polyester Kids' Fort placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
At AIR FORT, we believe that bringing fun into the family household brings the family together. We pride ourselves in the quality of the Air Fort and as a toy that kids will play with for years to come. We believe, that for a fort to be played with often, it needs to be easy and convenient. The AIR FORT is the most convenient and easy fort available. Kids and adults everywhere absolutely love the AIR FORT and that's why we do it! Additionally, parents have shared with us that fort making and play tents can be helpful for children with sensory issues or autism. There are not too many sensory toys for autistic children on the market today and if the AIR FORT can be a helpful toy for girls and boys with autism or other sensory issues, then we have done something extra good we can be proud of! The AIR FORT inflates in less than 30 seconds. When kids are ready to build a playhouse or kids fort, simply attach your AIR FORT to a fan and you're ready to go! An AWESOME Pop Up Tent! No cushions, blankets, or pillows needed. Create a mess-free indoor play fort quickly and easily. When bedtime hits, unless a slumber party calls, all you have to do is stuff your AIR FORT back into its matching carrying bag and you're done. The carrying bag is small and takes up almost no storage space! The AIR FORT is great to bring to a friend's house or take on a family road trip. Kids of all ages love it, but the adults might love it even more because it's easy to set up and even easier to put away. Plus, the AIR FORT is Child Safety Tested and Approved! At 6.5 ft. in diameter and over 4 ft. tall, the AIR FORT is large enough to fit several kids and adults. Big enough for kids and their toys, blankets, pillows and games. The perfect size fort to encourage hours of fun and independent playtime. A BIG fort that fits into a tiny package, really important when it's time to put your AIR FORT away. Made from lightweight, breathable fabric, the AIR FORT, when stuffed back into its matching carrying bag, weighs only 24 oz. and is smaller in size than a folded pair of jeans! No Floor for Easy Entry & Exit: The AIR FORT magically hovers just above the ground which allows for easy entry and exit by simply lifting any edge of the fort. The no-floor design is what makes the AIR FORT so unique.Viewing Window & Materials: The AIR FORT includes a large viewing window allowing kids to see out and adults to see in. The lightweight material is more breathable than a bed sheet and Child Safety Tested & Approved! Mesh Divider: The AIR FORT contains a mesh divider that prevents access to the fan from inside Fort. The mesh divider also diffuses the air flow so it's not windy inside the AIR FORT and kids can play.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kids' Forts
Kids of all ages enjoy imaginative play. Whether they are pretending to have a tea party with the queen or fighting a battle against a scary monster, they draw from countless creative ideas for their games. You can spur their play with a kids’ fort — a small sanctuary that offers enough space for a couple of children.
Forts can be homemade, simply put together from cardboard boxes leftover from parents’ purchases along with piles of cushions or bedsheets. Or, they can be fancier, constructed from actual building materials that require adult help. You can also buy a fort, or you can purchase kits that help your children create and decorate their own little child-size space.
Kids get many learning and developmental benefits from building forts. To start with, the process can improve cognitive skills such as problem-solving and planning. For example, they may draw up plans but then must figure out what to do when part of the fort crumbles. Kids can also develop personal skills, such as independence and confidence, while learning how to do things on their own instead of relying on a parent.
Another major benefit of playing with forts is that the activity may involve more than one child. Siblings, neighbors or friends may come together to build and play in the fort. This encourages kids to work on their social skills as well as their communication abilities. Younger ones can work on their speech by asking for their friends to pass them a cushion, for example. Older children can hone their negotiation skills, as when a friend wants to follow a different fort design..
The Kids' Fort Buying Guide
- The size of fort your kids will need will depend on a number of factors, such as how big the kids are and how many kids will be playing in the fort at one time. For example, taller kids will need a fort that has higher walls than shorter kids.
- Versatility is important for any kind of toy that is used in imaginative play. Can a fort building set create both a castle or a school? Can it be a bunker or a secret hideout? See how flexible the kids’ fort is and whether it can be used to fashion multiple types of structures.
- Consider any unique features your kids may enjoy. For example, will they prefer solid walls or would they like to have a view with a window? Do they want a door they can walk in or a tunnel entrance? How about a mail slot for letters from mom? These types of features enhance their imaginative play.
- From a parent’s perspective, storage is of the utmost importance. How can the kids’ fort be stored when it is not in use? Is it possible to deconstruct and dismantle it easily or does it need to stay fixed in place? Can it be compressed into a small package and put away on a shelf or is it permanently on display in your living room?
- Consider what types of activities the kids’ fort encourages. For kids that love arts and crafts, get a fort with pictures that can be colored with markers, crayons or even paints. Meanwhile, kids that are engineering-inclined may prefer a fort that requires construction using different parts, like rods and balls.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide