Affresh Deep-Clean Time-Release Washing Machine Cleaner, 6-Count
Last updated date: September 23, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Washing Machine Cleaners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Washing Machine Cleaner you should buy.
Update as September 23, 2021:
Checkout The Best Washing Machine Cleaner for a detailed review of all the top washing machine cleaners.
This washing machine cleaner provides a deep clean. It washes out the hose, filter, valve, tub, pump and agitator. It is suitable for both top and front load washers.
In our analysis, the Affresh Affresh Deep-Clean Time-Release Washing Machine Cleaner, 6-Count placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Affresh Washer Cleaner removes and prevents odor-causing residue that can occur in all washers. While bleach only kills odor-causing bacteria leaving behind the detergent residue, Affresh Washer Cleaner uses surfactant chemistry to remove the root problem. Affresh cleaner is a formulated, slow-dissolve, foaming tablet that gets under residue, breaks it up, and washes it away leaving the washer smelling fresh and clean. Simply place one tablet in the wash basket (without clothes) and run a Normal Cycle (hot option) or Clean Washer Cycle. Affresh brand is safe on septic tanks, and safe for all washer components. Use once a month to keep your machine fresher and cleaner. Package includes six tablets. Please note that date on the package is production date and NOT EXPIRATION Date.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Washing Machine Cleaners
Not many people realize they have to clean their washing machines. In a way, it seems counterintuitive to have to clean something that is often filled with soap and water. After all, wouldn’t the washing machine just be cleaned every time it washes your clothes? While that does help a little bit, washing your clothes in the washing machine is not the same as washing the machine itself.
Did you know that your washing machine is filled with detergent chemicals, minerals and soap residue? If you don’t clean your washing machine, then it begins to develop a thin film of those substances, which can actually trap bacteria inside it. Keep in mind that bacteria thrive in warm and humid environments, which is exactly what a washing machine is. The bacteria in your washing machine can clog up certain mechanisms of the machine, which can affect its performance. In addition, the filmy residue and bacteria can also release unpleasant odors, so your washing machine may start to smell. Not just that, but the smell may also get onto your clothing.
A washing machine cleaner is a formula that can help you get rid of the built-up film as well as the bacteria. Ideally, you should use the washing machine cleaner to ensure the inside of your machine is spotless once a month. It’s also important to wipe down the outside of the washing machine with a wet cloth once a month as well. If not, you’ll begin to notice unpleasant stains from your dirty clothes or streaks from spilled laundry detergent.
The Washing Machine Cleaner Buying Guide
- There are a number of different washing machine cleaners available. Liquids and gels are easy to use and go right into the detergent drawer or the washer drum. You run the wash cycle using hot water when using these kinds of washing machine cleaners. They are effective at getting into all the areas of the washing machine and then washing away properly without any leftover residue. Another option is tablets, which you also run on an empty hot-water cycle. Unlike liquids and gels, you don’t have to worry about any accidental spills.
- If you want a quick and easy clean, you can opt for washing machine sprays. They don’t need to go through a wash cycle. You can just spray, wipe or rinse them off. Many sprays can be used for both the interior and the exterior of the washing machine. Wipes are another variety of washing machine cleaner and are ideal if you need to scrub something. They can also be used on the interior and exterior of the machine.
- Ensure whichever washing machine cleaner your select can clean limescale that builds up as a result of hard water. These kinds of deposits can accumulate in pipes and the drum. You may even find limescale residue on your clean clothes.
- If you notice a strange odor coming from your washing machine, it’s likely a buildup of bacteria. Often, your washing machine may smell musty or funky. Check to see whether the washing machine cleaner has odor removal qualities.
- If you think your washer has mold or mildew buildup, it’s important to get rid of it fast. You don’t want the smell to permeate your clothes. Look for a washing machine cleaner that is specially formulated to get rid of mold and mildew.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide