Addtam Fast Charging Right Angled Extension Cord, 5-Feet
Last updated date: January 14, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Extension Cords and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Extension Cord you should buy.
Update as January 14, 2022:
Checkout The Best Extension Cord for a detailed review of all the top extension cords.
Durable is the best word to describe this extension cord, which features a braided cord for added strength. It measures 5-feet in length and comes in a choice of white or black. Travelers will appreciate how lightweight it is, as well as the fact that it accommodates three plugs and three USB cables.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Addtam Fast Charging Right Angled Extension Cord, 5-Feet placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Desktop Power Strip with USB: 3 AC outlets and 3 smart USB ports desktop power strip flat plug can charge 6 electrical devices or electronics simultaneously, such as tablets, laptops, lamps, cameras, phones, etc. This small power strip supports a range of voltage 100-240V. ( Rated 13A/125V/1625W). Fast & Smart Charging: This flat plug extension cord with 3 USB charging ports provide 3.1A/15.5W in total. Built-in smart charging technology that detects and deliver an ideal input current of up to 5V/2.4A (the actual current is decided by the demand for the devices). 13A Upgraded Extension Cord & Multi Protections: 5 Ft upgraded braided extension cord makes it tangle-Free and more flexible, elegant, durable and safe. This flat power strip is also protected against over-voltage, over-current, overload, short-circuiting. 1382°F (750°C) Fire-Retardant Shell. Right Angled Flat Plug & Mountable: The 3-prong grounded right angle flat plug and low-profile flat plug keeps your other wall outlets free and fits easily in tight spaces. 2 keyhole slots and screw fixation design enable it to be mounted on a wall or fixed it on the desk. Travel & Cruise Ship Must-Haves: This Slim power strip with mini size (4.3×3.1×1.8in) is easy to carry for travel. NO surge protector, it is cruise ship approved as the cruise lines require that power strips have no surge protection.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Extension Cords
Do you need to remove a few tree branches that are 100-feet away from your nearest power source? Perhaps you have a lamp for your side table that just doesn’t reach the outlet behind your bed. In these instances, an extension cord can be a lifesaver. As you shop, it’s important that you carefully select an extension cord based on your specific needs.
Stick with an indoor extension cord when you need to power appliances and electronic devices. Models typically range from 1-foot to 50-feet long. It’s best to go with the shortest cord that will get the job done.
If you have more than one device in the same area that needs powering, look for an indoor extension cord with multiple outlets. For example, the GE 2 Prong 3 Outlet Indoor Extension Cord, 12-Ft has three outlets that allow you to vacuum your living room while lighting up your lamp and charging your iPad. The extension cord even has twist-to-lock safety covers, so you can close the outlets when not in use.
Select an outdoor extension cord for powering everything from chainsaws to weed whackers. You’ll find outdoor models also come in a variety of sizes, including cords that are as long as 200 feet. The important thing to keep in mind is that you want outdoor extension cords to have a thick vinyl covering, like the AmazonBasics Orange Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, 100-Ft. The covering needs to protect the internal wires from moisture and sun exposure.
Individuals who fix cars or live on a farm or ranch would do better with an outdoor heavy-duty 50-foot extension cord that is oil resistant. They have jackets made out of PVC material that won’t tangle or become stiff during the colder winter months.
Some extension cords have a few extra features that make them a great choice. For example, there are cords that have a lighted end, so you always know when the power is on. Others are bright orange in color for high visibility. There are even cords with reinforced blades to protect prongs from bending or breaking.
The Extension Cord Buying Guide
- For safety and to prolong the life of your extension cord, you’ll need to follow a few important maintenance tips. Always unplug the extension cord when not in use and neatly store it indoors to protect it from the elements (even if it’s listed as an outdoor extension cord). When unplugging the cord, it’s best to do so by grabbing the plug — not the cord — and pulling it out. Don’t pull the cord, as you risk damaging it. Finally, check the extension cord for any damage before each use. If the cord has exposed wires or is damaged in any way, discard it and purchase a new one.
- Never plug two extension cords together. If you need a longer cord, you should be able to find one with the specific length you need, as they come in lengths of up to 200 feet.
- If you have small children at home, place childproof covers over the cord receptacles when not in use.
- Don’t place any items over the extension cord, like an area rug, or tack the cord down with staples or masking tape.
- When it comes to price, the biggest factors are the length of the extension cord, as well as how many cords are included in the package. You’ll find the Cable Matters Heavy Duty Extension Cord, 2-Pack, 10-Ft is the most affordable due to its smaller reach. The AmazonBasics Orange Vinyl Outdoor Extension Cord, 100-Ft, which has an extended reach, commands the highest price.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide