Accuteck ShipPro Smart Digital Postal Scale
Last updated date: May 18, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Smart Postage Meters and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Smart Postage Meter you should buy.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Smart Postage Meter for a detailed review of all the top smart postage meters.
With a weight capacity of up to 110 pounds, this scale is great for those who mail heavier items. It offers three separate power options: battery, USB and A/C adaptor, and the long cord makes it easy to set on the floor for weighing large items. The results are highly accurate to give you the reassurance you need that you're putting enough postage on your item.
In our analysis of 34 expert reviews, the Accuteck Accuteck ShipPro Smart Digital Postal Scale placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Accuteck ShipPro W-8580 110lbs x 0.1 oz. Black Digital shipping postal scale Accuteck ShipPro-Ship Professionally, Start Professionally Here comes New 2014 Accuteck ShipPro series with new and amazing features. Have bulky and large size packages? Accuteck ShipPro Series comes with the extended large backlit energy-saving display (cable approximately 18inches).Have tube-shaped packages? Accuteck ShipPro Series comes with two way sided fold up mailer holders. Use it either way, either side. Have light or heavy packages? Accuteck ShipPro Series comes with two weighing capacity choices of 60lb, 110lb depending on your needs. Start Weight from 10g/0.5oz.Have concerns about the accuracy? Accuteck ShipPro has a graduation of 0.1oz.Have worries about the batteries expenses? Accuteck ShipPro can be powered by batteries, USB cable, and Ac adapter. All included. Save money on batteries by using USB cable or Ac adapter though we provide a free set of batteries. Have a specific color wanted? Accuteck ShipPro offers color choices of: Black and Gray now. Let us know if you want any specific color. We will try to make it. Have a new business and have a tight budget? Accuteck ShipPro Series gives you a most competitive price. 10 Year Limited Warranty
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Smart Postage Meters
Technology has dramatically reduced the number of errands a person has to do. You can have products delivered right to your door, saving you trips to various stores. You can deposit checks remotely and transfer funds electronically, eliminating trips to the bank. You can also buy stamps online to save a trip to the post office.
But one thing that’s tough to replace with technology is shipping packages. Sure, you can buy mailers and use flat-rate shipping to mail items without that dreaded trip to the post office, but flat-rate shipping is only available in a small range of sizes. That means you may pay more than necessary to ship a smaller item, if you can find the right mailer in the first place.
A postage meter can save the day. These devices let you weigh your packages, then use an online service to print postage that you can attach. You can then either arrange for a pickup or drop the package in a nearby drop box while you’re taking care of other errands. With many drop boxes, you can even deposit the items overnight or on weekends, getting you around limited postal hours.
A smart postage meter lets you do all your mailing from the comfort of your home or office, with an accuracy that ensures your items arrive at their destination on time. If you’re running a business that requires shipping items, this type of device isn’t just a time saver. It keeps you from having to haul a large number of items into a building, then wait while a clerk processes it all.
But you don’t have to own a business to justify buying a postage meter. As affordable as today’s meters are, you’ll find that having one on hand proves useful when you have gifts to mail during the holidays or if you want to send a book you loved to a faraway family member. There are even smaller models that will fit into the corner of a desk or tuck away in a closet to be ready when you need it without taking up a great deal of space.
Before you start shopping for a postage meter, stop to think about the things you’ll be mailing. A smaller one may not be able to tackle an oversized package, but if you’ll mostly be mailing smaller items, it might not be worth the extra expense. Consider not only size but weight capacity. Many postage scales will only handle packages up to 50 or 55 pounds, so if you plan to ship items weighing 100 pounds or more, you’ll limit your options considerably.
The Smart Postage Meter Buying Guide
- Accuracy is one of the most important features in a postage meter. If your results aren’t precise, you may find your packages are returned due to insufficient postage, leading to delays that could be disastrous if you’re running a business. Look for a scale that promises accuracy within very few ounces. The lower, the better.
- Your scale will either run on batteries or an A/C adaptor. Occasionally you’ll find one that also plugs into a computer via a USB port, giving it both power and connectivity so you can use it with your favorite postal software. Consider where you’ll be setting up your postage meter and make sure the cord will reach from the power source you plan to use.
- Software is also a consideration. Chances are, you’ve already planned out how you’ll print your postage.You may find purchasing a meter that works with your platform of choice makes the process of weighing and printing your postage easier, as well as offering a painless setup.
- The size of the platform on the scale will matter over time. A smaller scale may be more compact and easier to store, but if you ever want to mail a larger package, you’ll find yourself dealing with going to the post office to get a more accurate measurement, defeating the purpose.
- Also pay attention to the capacity of any scale you choose. Many will limit you to around 50 pounds. If you think you’ll have heavier packages, look for one that extends your capabilities beyond the norm.
- Your scale will typically display the package weight on a digital readout. Make sure this is readable from every direction, whether you’re standing or seated. If you’ll be setting it up in a dimly-lit room, consider a backlit screen.
- One handy feature to have in a postage meter is a readout that resets after each use. But this can be a problem, as well. You may want the weight to stay on the screen long enough for you to jot it down or input it into your computer, for instance, so if it zeroes out too quickly, that can be a problem. Ideally, the weight will stay on the screen for a fixed period of time, then reset to zero to be ready for your next package.
- Some postage meters promote a power-saving feature. While this comes in handy for saving money on energy use, it can sometimes be an inconvenience. Make sure your readout won’t go dim or shut off soon after you weigh your package, keeping you from getting the numbers you need to print your postage.
- You’ll also find postage meters that work as scales for weighing other household items. That means you can use your scale to weigh your food if you’re watching your intake.
- You may need to calibrate your scale when you receive it. In some cases, you’ll be told to gather something that weighs a small amount to make sure your results are accurate.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide