It’s time to start planning for school vacation season. But family trips can cost a fortune. There are ways, however, to save some money while still having a good time. For example, what if you could get free admission to more than 150 museums across the United States?
Museums On Us Program Gives Free Admission
Bank of America sponsors the “Museums On Us” program. This program, now in its 20th year, offers Bank of America and Merrill Lynch cardholders the chance to visit more than 150 cultural institutions across the country on the first full weekend of each month.
If you have one of these cards, all you need to do is present it, along with a photo ID, to get free general admission to a participating venue. The free admission does not cover special exhibits, ticketed events or fundraising events.
When Are The Free Museums On Us Weekends?
Here are the dates for the Museums on Us weekends:
- April 1 and 2
- May 6 and 7
- June 3 and 4
- July 1 and 2
- Aug. 5 and 6
- Sept. 2 and 3
- Oct. 7 and 8
- Nov. 4 and 5
- Dec. 2 and 3
Which Museums Offer Free Admission During Museums On Us?
Museums in 32 states and the District of Columbia participate in the Museums on Us program. A few examples of participating venues include:
- California: Orange County Museum of Art, Mountain View Computer History Museum, Orange County Discovery Science Center, DiscoveryCube OC
- Florida: Miami Children’s Museum, Orlando Museum of Art, Orlando Science Center, Tampa Museum of Art
- Maine: Portland Museum of Art
- Michigan: Michigan Science Center, Motown Museum
- New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, Fifth Avenue, American Museum of Natural History, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Ohio: Cleveland’s Great Lake Science Center
- Virginia: Portsmouth Children’s Museum of Virginia, Richmond Children’s Museum of Richmond