If you’ve been feeling the bite of the travel bug lately, but your bank account hasn’t exactly been supporting that dream, never fear: You can now get $99 flights to Iceland and Europe from Iceland’s low-cost airline, Wow Air.
The $99 flights depart from select U.S. cities between October 2017 and March 2018. If you’re willing to spend another $50, you can fly out of even more cities (and to even more European destinations).
Bostonians, you’re in luck—because there are quite a few cities included in the promotion if you depart from Boston. But plenty of other U.S. cities can get in on the action as well.
You can book a trip to Reykjavik anytime before March 2018 for $99 from Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C. Those cities also have great deals on flights headed to European cities, with many of them coming in under $200 over the next few months.
And psst! If you live in Cincinnati, Miami, San Francisco, St. Louis, Dallas, Detroit or Cleveland, you’ll also want to check out Wow Air’s best fares departing from those cities. Most Reykjavik flights are just over $100 and $200 should be enough to get you to Europe.
According to Clark Deals, here are the routes that are currently on sale.
- Boston to Brussels, Warsaw and Reykjavik
- Chicago to Reykjavik
- New York to Reykjavik
- Los Angeles to Reykjavik
- Pittsburgh to Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Paris and Reykjavik
- San Francisco to Reykjavik
- Washington D.C. to Reykjavik
- Boston to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfort, Paris and Stockholm
- Chicago to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin and Paris
- Los Angeles to London and Stockholm
- Miami to Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, London, Paris, Stockholm
- New York to Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, and Paris
- Pittsburgh to Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Frankfort, London and Paris
- San Francisco to Copenhagen and Edinburgh
- St. Louis to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen, Dublin, Frankfurt, London and Paris
- Washington D.C. to Amsterdam, Berlin, Copenhagen and Paris
Of course, the reason Wow Air manages to stay so cheap is because it’s a barebones airline and only offers the essentials. So if you do plan a holiday in the next few months, keep in mind that you’ll have to pay extra for luggage (including carry-on baggage) and meals on board.
Also, if you’re flying to one of Wow Air’s departure cities to take advantage of the deal, first make sure you can’t simply get a cheaper ticket departing from your local airport.
If you’ve been looking to plan a cheap fall or winter escape, this just might be the perfect way to get out of town. Take a look at Wow Air’s best fares page to see if any of the discounted flights suit your fancy. Bon voyage!