The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Don't Waste Your Money may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
Have a love for Apple products? Are you the go-to person for friends and family when they have problems with their tech gear? Then, you might be interested in a full-time AppleCare At Home Advisor position.
What Does An AppleCare Advisor Do?
AppleCare is the company’s customer service and technical help division. When customers have a problem with their Apple products, they call an AppleCare expert to troubleshoot the issue.
According to Apple’s job posting, an AppleCare At Home Advisor needs to have a wide-range of skills.
For example, candidates should have solid problem-solving abilities and a passion for technology. Multitasking across applications and systems is also a must-have skill.
Since an AppleCare At Home Advisor works with customers, employees need patience and good communication skills too. Calls often require step-by-step solutions that take a lot of time. Apple expects an “incredible customer service experience.”
Plus, this work-from-home job requires advisors to work independently. This means they have to be highly motivated, have initiative and the discipline necessary to get the job done.
AppleCare At Home Advisor Qualifications
Apple does have a number of “key qualifications” they are looking for in future AppleCare advisors:
- Minimum 2 years professional technical troubleshooting expertise or proven technical ability
- Experience supporting customers via phone, e-mail, chat, and/or in person
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution
- Able to tailor communication and style to various audiences
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Thrives on a team where expertise is shared and feedback is welcomed
- Effective time management including ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
Able to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while talking with customers
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is required: iOS, Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac experience
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and a desire to learn and take on new challenges
In addition to these requirements, Apple wants advisors to complete a five- to six-week training series. These sessions may include weekends.
Also, employees should have the ability to be flexible to work between 7:00 a.m. CST and 10:30 p.m. CST. This includes weekends and holidays. Hours may move up or down depending on demand.
In addition, a pre-employment assessment and background check is required for candidates.
Candidates must be able to type at least 40 words per minute while talking with customers.
Lastly, advisors must have a quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, desk and a high-speed internet connection (5 megabits download and 1 megabit upload) from a reliable provider.