The Best Plastic Soup Containers With Lids
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Whether you like to make big batches of soup to freeze for another day or just want a safe way to store a couple of servings, it’s important to have the right plastic soup containers with lids. After all the effort of making soup, you don’t want your leftovers to spill all over the fridge or contain harmful chemicals that have seeped in from the container.
When looking for plastic soup containers with lids, one of the most important things to consider is size. How much soup do you want to store at a time. For example, do you want to store single servings or enough soup for your family of four? Soup containers are typically available in different sizes such as 16 or 32 ounces.
Another important factor is versatility. While storing soup may be your primary goal, there may come a time when you need to store other foods such as salads, pasta, crackers or fruit. Consider how well the other foods will last in the storage containers.
Many people want the ability to freeze their leftovers, so looking for freezer safe containers is key. Many are also microwave safe as well, so you can heat up your leftovers in the same container without having to dirty another dish.
If freshness is important to you, then look for plastic soup containers with lids that are air tight and leak proof. This way, the contents of the container are not going to go stale or get freezer burned. This is vital for storing soup and any other food items.
Our Picks For The Top Plastic Soup Containers With Lids
- 1. Stack Man Freezer Safe Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 48-Piece
- 2. Glotoch Express BPA-Free Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 24-Piece
- 3. TashiBox Airtight Leakproof Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 36-Piece
- 4. DuraHome Microwaveable Clear Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 24-Piece
- 5. Comfy Package Dishwasher Safe Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 24-Piece
Freezer Safe Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 48-Piece
You can safely store any kind of food or non-food items in these versatile containers. They are BPA free, microwave safe and freezer safe. The containers can also be cleaned in the dishwasher.
Highly VersatileThese plastic soup containers with lids can be used for storing other items.
BPA-Free Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 24-Piece
These high-quality soup containers with lids are made from BPA-free plastic. They are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. The containers can withstand temperatures between -40 degrees Fahrenheit and 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Premium QualityThese plastic soup containers with lids are made from BPA-free food-quality plastic.
Airtight Leakproof Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 36-Piece
These plastic soup containers with lids are safe for freezer and microwave use. They have air-tight sealing lids to ensure there are no leaks. The containers are restaurant quality.
Hot and Cold UseYou can use these containers in the freezer or microwave.
Microwaveable Clear Plastic Soup Containers With Lids, 24-Piece
You can use these durable plastic soup containers with lids anywhere, from home to camping. They have tight-sealing lids that are leak proof. The containers can withstand freezing temperatures.
Take AnywhereThese plastic soup containers with lids are perfect for home, work, picnics, camping and more.
What to Look For
- How many times have you stored soup in a plastic container only to have that container be permanently stained from the color of the soup? If it’s a tomato-based soup, it’s likely the case. Look for plastic soup containers with lids that indicate they are stain resistant. Plus, if the containers are dishwasher safe, then you’ll be able to clean them easily.
- For many shoppers, translucent containers are a key factor. It’s important to be able to see the contents clearly without having to open up the container. This way, you don’t necessarily have to label the container because it’s obvious what’s inside.
- Plastic soup containers come in varying quantities, such as 24, 36 and 48 units in a package. Consider the different types of things you want to store and how often. Also keep in mind whether you are transporting the containers to other locations and whether you will get them back. For example, if you’re making soup to send to a friend, you may not receive the container back immediately or at all. This will help you determine how many containers you will need to purchase.
- While plastic soup containers with lids are excellent for food storage, they can also be used for meal prepping and portion control. If you’re cooking in bulk for the week, you can store individual meals in the containers so you have just the right amount for each dinner.
- How do you plan to store all of those containers and lids? Many people find it easiest to dedicate a drawer, shelf or cupboard to food storage containers so everything is all in once place. If the containers are all the same size, you can stack them up, and then stack the lids separately. Some people prefer to store the containers with the lids on, though that does take up more space.
Plastic Soup Container With Lid Rankings
More to Explore
How can you make sure you’re storing soup safely? It is all about time and temperature. It’s best to not leave soup out on the counter, even if it’s freshly made, for more than two hours. To help the soup cool down to room temperature, ladle it into smaller containers. You can add in a couple of ice cubes to help bring down the temperature as well. If you want to freeze the soup, be sure to leave about an inch of empty space at the top of the container so there is room for the soup to expand when it freezes. Soups can be frozen safely for about six months and can be refrigerated for about three to four days.