The Best Patio Chair Cushion
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
A great way to bring color and style to your outdoor space is with your patio furniture. There are plenty of chairs, loveseats and couches available that are designed specifically to weather the outdoors. In order to make that furniture feel comfortable and inviting, you need the right patio chair cushions. Opt for fluffy and thick cushions that are made to withstand the sun, rain and snow.
The material of the cushion is the most important element to note. This is what will affect the durability of your patio chair cushion. If it’s made from material that’s not specifically designed for exposure to the elements, it could become moldy or fade quickly.
Look for cushion covers that have a polyester outer material. This kind of fabric can stand getting wet from the rain or snow and won’t fade as quickly in the direct sunlight. Some patio cushions are made from vinyl. While this is a waterproof option, it can get quite hot in the sun and hurt your skin. Canvas is another option that is hardy and durable. However, not all canvas is waterproof.
Our Picks For The Top Patio Chair Cushions
- 1. Classic Accessories 62-029-BEIGE-EC Montlake Patio Chair Cushion
- 2. Sweet Home Collection Microfiber Patio Chair Cushions, 6-Pack
- 3. LVTXIII Invisible Zippers Patio Chair Cushions, 4-Pack
- 4. Pillow Perfect Reversible Recycled Plush Patio Chair Cushions, 2-Pack
- 5. Classic Accessories Water-Resistant Square Patio Chair Cushion, 2-Pack
- 6. SewKer Overstuffed Stain Resistant Patio Chair Cushions, 2-Pack
62-029-BEIGE-EC Montlake Patio Chair Cushion
If you're searching for a durable patio chair cushion that can be used both indoors and outdoors, this model is an excellent choice. It features double-stitched seams for added strength and a water-resistant cover for protection from the rain. Sun bathers will also appreciate the three-layered foam interior, which keeps the chair nice and comfy.
Resists FadingThis patio chair cushion comes with click close straps to secure the cushion to your chaise lounge chair.
Sweet Home Collection
Microfiber Patio Chair Cushions, 6-Pack
You can't go wrong with these patio chair cushions, which are available in an astounding 37 different colors and patterns. Each set includes six U-shaped cushioned that are constructed using a comfortable memory foam. The cushions also have a non-skid bottom, which keeps them from sliding around on the chair.
Most AffordableYou won't have any trouble sticking to your budget, thanks to the affordable price tag on these patio chair cushions.
Invisible Zippers Patio Chair Cushions, 4-Pack
You’ll get two U-shape patio chair cushions measuring 16” D x 17” W x 2” H. This set doesn’t include the backs, so it’s ideal for seats that have comfortable backing. Each cushion is attached with corner ties to hold them in place, and the covers can be removed for cleaning.
Easy to MaintainThis patio furniture cushion set is easy to keep clean, thanks to a zipper that lets you remove the cover.
Reversible Recycled Plush Patio Chair Cushions, 2-Pack
You can easily hand-wash and air dry these patio chair cushions. They are designed for indoor and outdoor use. The cover and filling are both polyester.
Easy CareThese durable patio chair cushions are easy to maintain indoors and outside.
What to Look For
- The comfort of the patio chair cushion comes from the filling. Foam is a good option that comes in different densities, so you can find the type that offers the support you need. You’ll also find patio chair cushions filled with polyester, which is a fluffy and hardy filling. However, these can tend to flatten out over time, whereas foam retains its shape.
- Carefully measure your patio chair to see how big a cushion it can accommodate. Most patio chair cushions have a measurement chart where you can see the length, width and thickness. This will help you find the perfect size of cushion for your seat.
- Look at whether there are any ties to help affix the cushion to your seat. This is key for making sure the cushion doesn’t constantly slip off the chair when someone moves.
- What kind of look do you want to create for your patio? You can opt for neutrals like beige or brown to blend in with the background, or add a bright pop of color with floral and geometric patterns. This helps to pull in colors from the surrounding setting and create a stunning aesthetic.
- While most high-quality patio chair cushions can stay out during bad weather, they will last longer when stored properly during heavy rain, snow or extreme heat. Consider whether you have room in your shed or garage, a storage bench or covered area of your patio to store your patio chair cushions if needed.
Patio Chair Cushion Rankings
More to Explore
In addition to seat cushions, you might want to add some accessory pillows to make your patio furniture even more comfortable. These pillows can make the seating area even more cozy:
- A throw pillow is a small square decorative pillow that goes on top of the regular seat cushions. These can bring a splash of color or texture to your chairs.
- A lumbar pillow or bolster pillow is a short but wide pillow that provides back support. It goes behind you when you sit on the patio chair.
- A body pillow is a large pillow that you can place on the floor or on a bench. Body pillows are long enough for you to stretch out on to enjoy some sunshine.