The Best Jump Rope For Kids
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
Playing jump rope is a fun activity that kids have loved for generations. It’s an incredibly simple concept — just a rope with some handles, which kids twirl around and jump over. Jump rope can be done alone or with friends. It’s an easily transportable item that kids can take to school or their friends’ houses, and instantly have a lot of fun.
There are lots of different jump ropes for kids available, so how do you know which one to buy? First, you need to consider how the rope will be used. For example, is your child a beginner who is just learning how to jump rope? Are they going to be skipping alone or playing double Dutch with friends? Will they be using the rope for leisure or for exercise? These questions will help you determine what kind of rope you need.
It’s also important to take into consideration the height of your child. Typically, for a child who is under 5 feet tall, you will need a 7-foot rope. For a child who is between 5 and 6 feet tall, you will need an 8-foot rope. For anyone over 6 feet, you will need a 10-foot rope.
Our Picks For The Top Jump Ropes For Kids
- 1. Champion Sports Plastic Segmented Jump Rope For Kids
- 2. Amble Rubber Anti-Tangle Jump Rope For Kids
- 3. Ponydash Anti-Slip Jump Rope For Kids, 2-Pack
- 4. Zocy Shatterproof Plastic Jump Rope For Kids
- 5. YongnKids Lightweight Jump Rope For Kids, 2-Pack
- 6. Supertrip Wear Resistant Ergonomic Jump Rope For Kids
- 7. WEYEAA Ergonomic Handle Jump Rope For Kids, 3-Pack
- 8. Boley Exercise Jump Rope For Kids, 12-Pack
- 9. Sackorange Cute Handle Jump Rope For Kids, 4-Pack
Plastic Segmented Jump Rope For Kids
Keep your children active with this bright red and white jump rope for kids. It's available in sizes ranging from 6 feet to 16 feet to fit every child from preschool to high school. The jump rope is made with beads, so that you can easily get into the rhythm of the jump when you hear the beat of the beads against the ground.
Affordably PricedWhen shopping for a gift on a budget, this jump rope for kids is an excellent buy.
Rubber Anti-Tangle Jump Rope For Kids
Although this jump rope for kids measures 9 feet in length, it's fully adjustable. The tangle-free design is a huge plus, as is the softness of the beads. When you get to the handles, you'll notice they are designed with finger indents and made with a non-slip grip.
Multiple Color OptionsYou'll find this jump rope for kids is available in eight fun colors, including light green, pink, blue and purple.
Anti-Slip Jump Rope For Kids, 2-Pack
If little ones are accidentally hit by the jump rope for kids, it won’t hurt because it is so lightweight. You can adjust the size of the rope by knotting the end. The handles have anti-slip grip for secure holding.
Fun and DurableKids will love playing with this lightweight jump rope that doesn’t hurt if it hits them.
Shatterproof Plastic Jump Rope For Kids
The length on these colorful jump ropes for kids is fully adjustable. That means you'll be able to customize each one to match your child's height. Of course, adults are also welcome to use this pair of jump ropes, which come in pink and purple.
Ergonomic HandlesThe ergonomic design of the handles on this jump rope for kids makes it more comfortable to hold and easier to control.
What to Look For
- One of the most important qualities in a kids’ jump rope is durability. Kids can be rough with their things, so the jump rope needs to be able to withstand being tossed around, dragged or dropped. Often, the handles can come off the rope or come apart, so make sure they are made from strong material and are affixed securely.
- Jump ropes for kids are available in fun colors like blue, green, pink, purple and yellow. Kids may want to match their jump rope to other outdoor toys or to their coats or running shoes.
- You will find jump rope for kids available in multiple quantities. Consider how many you will need. For example, if you have multiple kids you may want to buy each of them a jump rope to avoid any arguments and disagreements. Having a few extra for neighbors and friends to play with is also a good idea.
Jump Rope For Kids Rankings
More to Explore
While jumping up and down is fun enough on its own, there are several games kids can play with their jump ropes as well. For example, Snake is a game for multiple people, and is a good way to help kids learn to time their jumps. Lay the rope on the ground and have one person on either end. Wiggle the rope on the ground so that it resembles a slithering snake. The other players have to consistently jump over the slithering snake without stepping on it.