Zulay Kitchen Stainless Steel Splatter Screen
Last updated date: May 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Splatter Screens and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Splatter Screen you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Splatter Screen for a detailed review of all the top splatter screens.
In our analysis of 25 expert reviews, the Zulay Kitchen Stainless Steel Splatter Screen placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keeps You Protected: When you’re frying bacon, onions, chicken, anything really, hot grease and oil can fly out of the pan and get things very messy, plus you can burn your skin or even your eyes. Be clean and protected with our grease catcher splatter guard shield that stops almost 100% of splatter and mist, while letting the steam out when cooking. Great for deep frying, wok stir fry and more. Reduces Messes By Almost 100%: Our splash guard shield keeps oil, bacon grease, butter, odor, and food particles in the frypan where they belong while cooking. You’ll spend less time cleaning up the stove top and surrounding area AND yourself, as this screen is super effective, more so than other competitors. Our splatter screen and guard is dishwasher friendly for easy and fast clean up. Also works as a strainer, sieve, and cooling rack. Sturdy Long Lasting Construction: Stainless steel means our skillet cover fryer screen will stand up to heat and abuse for a long time, absorbing sauce and fat. Heavy duty BPA free materials will not rust, discolor, or warp. Easy clean and dishwasher safe. Ergonomic Design: Comfortable plastic handle keeps you protected from heat while giving a firm and secure grip on the frying pan splatter guard shield. The four resting feet mean you can put the frying mesh on the counter top without getting grease everywhere. Convenient hook makes for easy storage. No Hassle, Zulay Guarantee: We love and take pride in our Splatter Screen and we back this up with a lifetime guarantee. Have the confidence that this product will last. If there are ever any issues, just contact us and we will make it right. Order now and be assured that this product will live up to your expectations, guaranteed. If it does not, we got you covered. Chances are, you will never need to reach out!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Splatter Screens
Hate all those grease marks over your stove? Have you ever been burned by splattering grease while cooking? What you need is a splatter screen. This is one of those kitchen gadgets that doesn’t get the limelight but provides a lot of value to home cooks.
A splatter screen is designed to catch any drops of grease that fly out from the pan while cooking. Whether you’re searing steak or salmon or stir-frying up peppers and onions, some grease is bound to rise up when the ingredients heat up in the pan. If you don’t enjoy having to wipe grease off your stove and want to ensure you don’t get any grease burns, then topping your pan with a splatter screen can save the day.
Splatter screens are quite simply designed. They have a mesh screen that is stretched across a metal circle frame. They also have a thin metal or plastic-covered handle. The genius of the product is that the mesh allows the steam to escape while keeping the grease in the pan. This way, the splatter screen doesn’t affect the cooking process. All it does it keep the mess contained.
When you’re looking for a splatter screen, pay attention to the kind of material it’s made out of. Most commonly, splatter screens will have a wire mesh, with a rim made from aluminum, stainless steel or silicone. While aluminum and silicone should be hand-washed, stainless steel can be cleaned in the dishwasher. Keep in mind the aluminum is prone to rust, while stainless steel will remain rust-free. Silicone splatter screen can be used as counter trivets in addition to their primary purpose.
The Splatter Screen Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for a splatter screen, make sure that the size of the gadget fits your pans. You don’t want to buy one that’s too big, as it will slide off the pan. A small one will just fall into the pan and you’ll end up with a lot more grease flaring up. The Bellemain Splatter Screen has a 13” diameter, as does the BergKoch Grease Splatter Screen for Frying Pan, which is also available in 9.5, 11.5 and 15-inch sizes. The Calphalon Splatter Guard has multiple size options within the same pan. It can be used on 8, 10 and 12-inch pans without slipping off. The BitimexHome Grease Splatter Screen for Frying Pan comes with three different guards, so you can use them on 8, 10 and 11-inch pans.
- If you don’t enjoy scrubbing grease off your dishes, then opt for a splatter screen that is easy to clean. You want to make sure that the grease can be removed from the guard quickly and simply. The Bellemain Splatter Screen can be placed into the dishwasher or wiped down easily with a cloth. The BergKoch Grease Splatter Screen for Frying Pan is also dishwasher safe, while the Calphalon Splatter Guard needs to be wiped down by hand.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide