Zoic Christmas String Lights
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Holiday Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Holiday Lights you should buy.
In our analysis of 81 expert reviews, the Zoic Zoic Christmas String Lights placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 1, 2019:
Checkout The Best String Lights for a detailed review of all the top holiday lights.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
These super bright LED fairy lights can be safely used indoor and outdoor. An ideal way to decorate your pergola,hedge, christmas tree, or other commercial place. Popularly used for decoration - party, wedding, home, window, bathroom, festival, Holiday, shows, restaurant, hotel, commercial building, shopping center, pub, club,concert, hall, cabaret, fashion show, dance, stage, etc. Please note that these lights are not suitable for outdoor use for a long time. Please bring them back if there is a heavy rain. Or else, the lights will be easily broken. 500LED 328FT STRING LIGHT An ideal way for indoor or outdoor decoration Product Specification Color of LED: Warm White Length: 100M/ 328ft LED Quantity: 500 Leds Low Voltage: 29V Brightness: Super Bright Wire material: Clear/Transparent The distance from plug to the first bulb:3m The distance between bulb:17.5cm For safety reason, please don't run the light in the rain. Memory Function Controller Memory Function: The controller is designed to remember the last setting after cutting off the power. No need to set the light again. 8 modes for choosing: combination, in waves, sequential, slogs , chasing/flash, slow fade, twinkle/flash, and steady on Easy to use: directly plug in and unplug it for power on and off Package includes: 1* Warm White 500Leds String Light 8 Modes 1* US Power Adapter Tips to untangle the light: 1. Take the light from the package and stretch out the light on the ground or table. 2. Start to untangle the light from the power adapter, not try to start from the end of the light and then untangle the light one lap by another lap 3. Roll the light into something before putting the light up. Please note that you cannot untangle the light and putting them up at the same time cause you will mess them up if you do that. Indoor and outdoor decoration home decoration Nice to decorate the garden, patio commercial decoration It is quite usual for commercial decoration Wedding decoration Beautiful for wedding decoration holiday decoration popular used for holiday decoration
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Holiday Lights
Decorating your home or office with lights is an excellent way to get into a festive spirit. It’s even better when you can gather family or friends and put up the lights while listening to your favorite music. Before you plan your little get-together, you’ll need to make sure you have the correct lights with the right number of bulbs.
Read the product packaging to determine if the lights are safe to use outdoors. This is only important if you are planning an outdoor display. Just remember that outdoor lights can be used indoors, but indoor lights cannot be used outdoors. Indoor lights are not made to withstand wind, rain, snow and ice.
Check to see whether the lights have a green or white wire. For example, the Prextex Green Wire Light Set features green wiring in between each light, which blends in with the green foliage of an evergreen tree beautifully. A white wire would stick out in a tree but would look great across a white fireplace mantel.
Determine what type of lights you’d like, as there are a wide variety of choices. You could stick with all white lights or go with multicolored lights. You can opt for lights that flicker, flash or strobe. The TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has 10 different brightness settings to choose from. Thanks to the handy remote, users can even change the setting from across the room.
Size is also important, as lights come in large, regular and mini sizes. Of course, you’ll need to read the product packaging to determine how long the strand is, as the number of lights doesn’t determine this. That’s because the lights may be spaced further apart on one set than another. Even though the Ehome String Lights has 100 regular-sized lights, it’s only 4 feet shorter than the Noma/Inliten Light Set, which features 300 mini lights.
When browsing similar models, look for any extras that may set one model above the others. Does the light set come with a few replacement bulbs? Is it powered by a USB port instead of batteries or an electrical outlet? Perhaps it’s made with bendable copper wire for easier placement around picture frames and banisters.
DYWM Fun Fact
Before electric bulbs were invented, evergreen trees were decorated with lit candles. After Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, it wasn’t long before his assistant, Edward Johnson, created lights specifically for use on evergreen trees. It took a little while before these lights caught on.
A young man by the name of Albert Sadacca decided to modify the lights after a tragic house fire was caused by the original decoration of a lit candle. He painted the lights for a more colorful glow, and this led the sale of the lights to take off.
Here are a few more facts you may find interesting about lights:
- An astounding 20 million pounds of holiday lights are recycled each year in Shijiao, China.
- Although President Grover Cleveland was the first to decorate an evergreen tree with lights inside the White House, it was President Calvin Coolidge who set up the first outdoor National holiday tree.
- LED lights use 80% less energy than regular lights. The Rockefeller Center evergreen tree goes a step further by powering its LED lights with solar panels.
- The Gay Family in LaGrangeville, New York, has the record for “Most Lights on a Residential Property.” They used an astounding 601,736 lights to decorate their home.
The Holiday Lights Buying Guide
- Check for a product warranty. You should always know what you’re buying and what recourse you have if the product becomes damaged or defective. Some companies offer a two-year warranty, but it may be limited. You can ask to see a copy of the warranty before you buy. Never use a light set that has frayed cords, empty sockets or exposed wiring.
- Never add more strands than what is recommended in the product information sheet. This could pose a fire hazard.
- When hanging outdoor lights, stick with light clips that are designed specifically for use with lights. Nails and screws work to secure the lights, but there is a risk you could puncture the cord and expose the wiring. You’ll also need to use a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet with outdoor lights to protect against the winter elements.
- Always conduct an inspection of any lights that you have from a previous year before using them again.
- Look for a UL Safety Certification on the product label. This certification means that the lights have gone through testing and have been found to meet industry standards.
- Festive lights don’t have to be stored away 11 months out of the year. They work great to accent a family portrait or a piece of wall art. They can be used to light up your banister or an outdoor walkway for better night vision.
- If you have a strand or two of lights that no longer work, you can recycle them. Many organizations are willing to take the old lights off your hands because lights are made using copper, plastic and sometimes glass. All of these materials can be melted down to make new products, which reduces waste.
- When comparing light prices, you’ll first need to take into account how many lights are on each strand. After that, look for any extras the light set may offer. For example, the Noma/Inliten Light Set has 300 lights per strand versus the 100 lights the other sets offer, so it commands a higher price. Although the TaoTronics String Lights with Remote Control has the same amount of lights as the Prextex Green Wire Light Set and the Ehome String Lights, it costs a little more due to its added remote control and multiple brightness options.