Zinus Shawn 14-inch SmartBase Bed Frame
Last updated date: August 7, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bed Frames for a detailed review of all the top .
Available in seven different sizes, the Zinus Shawn 14-inch SmartBase Bed Frame works for every mattress from a narrow twin to a California king. This top pick bed frame is also noise-free, so you don't have to worry about any creaking when you roll over in the middle of the night. Perhaps the best thing about this Zinus is the fact that you don't need any tools to put the unit together.
In our analysis of 65 expert reviews, the Zinus Shawn 14-inch SmartBase Bed Frame placed 8th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Next Generation Bed Frame – The SmartBase Mattress Foundation by Zinus. The SmartBase eliminates the need for a box spring as your memory foam, spring or latex mattress should be placed directly on the SmartBase. Uniquely designed for optimum support and durability the strong steel mattress support has multiple points of contact with the floor for stability and prevents mattress sagging, increasing mattress life. The SmartBase bed frame is 14 inches high with 13 inches of clearance under the frame for valuable under-bed storage space. With plastic caps to protect your floors and an innovative folding design to allow for easy storage, the SmartBase is well designed for ease of use. 5-year limited warranty. Another comfort innovation from Zinus. Pioneering comfort.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Bed frames are the foundation to a good night’s sleep. So before you make a purchase, check this guide for suggestions of things to look for in an ideal frame.
Start by reviewing the type of material the bed frame is constructed out of. Many are made from a sturdy steel, while others feature solid wood slats. Still, there are some models out there that are made from cheap materials, including plastic, and these units won’t hold up under the pressure of everyday use.
Next, decide if you’d like your bed to have a headboard. Some models come with a headboard, while others might not come with a headboard, but allow for attaching to one with as long as you have the appropriate hardware.
If you live in a small apartment or home, you’ll also want to take storage space into consideration. Look for a frame that leaves 13-inches of space underneath for storing everything from photo albums to your wedding dress.
The type of mattress you plan to use with the bed frame is also important. There are styles of bed frames that work with memory foam, traditional spring and hybrid mattresses. Additionally, most frames can handle a box spring. Not all bed frames are designed for both a box spring and a mattress.
Review the product label for the words “noise-free.” You don’t want to spend good money on a bed frame that creaks every time you roll over in the middle of the night. Instead of falling right back to sleep, you’ll be jolted awake.
Finally, check to see how easy or complex the bed frame is to assemble. Some models require the use of your own tools, while others don’t need any tools at all. If you have a handyman in your home, this may not be an issue.
The Buying Guide
- Most bed frames are made of metal and can be wiped down with a wet cloth to remove accumulated dust. You’ll also want to do this if you ever need to fold up and store the frame, such as during a move or to set aside for when company visits.
- If your metal frame has any rust spots, brush the rust off with steel wool. Afterward, coat the area with a sealant.
- When storing a bed frame, it is important to wrap it in some kind of blanket. Moving blankets are ideal for this. Not only does this protect the frame, but it also keeps the metal frame from scratching anything else in your garage or storage unit.
- Not all bed frames are ideal for all mattress types. Before you select a frame, make sure you know it will accommodate the type of mattress you plan to buy. Additionally, not all bed frames are capable of being attached to a headboard. If you plan to use a headboard, check to see what hardware, if any, is needed to get the job done.
- If you ever need to move your bed around the room due to a remodel, consider using a set of sliding discs under the feet. These discs protect your flooring, while making it a cinch to push the bed into a new position.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide