Zenacolor Spiral Bound Sketch Book, 2-Pack
Last updated date: October 30, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sketch Books and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sketch Book you should buy.
Editor's Note October 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sketch Book for a detailed review of all the top sketch books.
This sketch book set comes with two 100-page books. Both beginners and professionals will love the thick 100g grain sheets in this book, which produce professional-quality results. The pages are even protected by a stable hard cover.
In our analysis of 66 expert reviews, the Zenacolor Zenacolor Spiral Bound Sketch Book, 2-Pack placed 5th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FREE THE ARTIST FORM WITHIN - This set of 2 spiral-bound sketch book 9 x 12 will help you free your imagination with 200 thick, white, detachable, professional quality (100g grain) sheets. EASILY ADMIRE YOUR WORK - The spiral binding of our sketch books for drawing allows you to view your projects quickly by flipping through your drawing book with ease: each page of the large sketch pad is also easily detachable. INSPIRED? GET IT ON PAPER - This set of 2 sketchbooks for drawing (100 detachable pages of canson-type white paper per art book) is perfect for all types of creative projects: sketching pencils, drawing books, drawing kit, charcoal scrap, portrait, landscape. QUALITY MATERIAL FOR ALL LEVELS - Each art paper in the sketch pads for drawing is a blank canvas for artists to unleash their creativity, beginner or professional, adult or child alike : these drawing notebook make the perfect gift for birthday, Christmas or the holiday season. ZENACOLOR’S “100% SATISFACTION OR YOUR MONEY BACK” GUARANTEE - Our young team works hard to bring you quality products, and to ensure your satisfaction: every single one of our notebooks (A3, A4, A5, watercolor paper pad) can be replaced or reimbursed for up to 30 days.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Artist and art educator
Artist and educator Amy Markham is the creator of Starling, a podcast dedicated to helping artists develop depth in their creative practice. A graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, Amy has been an art educator since 2001. Today, she teaches middle school art at a school outside of Memphis, Tennessee. Her personal artwork explores myth-making and symbolic understandings. Through her brand, Starling Creative Living, she leads others to explore art production as a method for enriching their life experience.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sketch Books
You never know when your next creative idea will strike, so it’s a good idea to have a sketch pad and drawing utensils handy. Not all sketch pads are created equal, however. So before you purchase one, you’ll want to take into consideration a few important features.
First, determine whether the company producing the sketch pad takes measures to protect the environment. For example, some brands only use paper created from certified sustainable forests. They prominently display a sticker with this information right on the front cover of the pad.
Next, decide whether you’d like the sketch pad to have a soft or hardcover. Soft covers tend to come with a spiral binding, which allows you to quickly flip through the pages. But, they can also be susceptible to damage and tearing when placed in a bookbag. Hardcovers protect the pages better, and if you opt for a leather cover, you’ll also enjoy the anti-slip surface.
Consider the shape of the sketchbook pages. Traditional pads are rectangular in shape, but now artists have the option of buying square-shaped sketch pads. The benefit to this shape is that it’s better for sharing pictures of the sketches on social media.
The size of your sketchbook is also important. “Is it something you plan to carry with you and use on the go? If so, think about where it needs to fit,” says art educator Amy Markham. Her podcast “Starling” helps artists develop their creative process. “Will you carry it in a backpack, a purse or a pocket? Some people prefer to have a smaller sketchbook to carry around and a larger one for planning out ideas when they are at home.”
Finally, you’ll need to think about what sort of paper is best suited to your needs. “If you are mainly using your book for pencil sketches and the occasional pen, then standard sketchbook paper will work. If you are using markers, inks or some light watercolors, opt for a mixed media paper,” says Markham. “Sketch paper will not absorb wet media. If you know you are going to be painting often in your sketchbook, go for a watercolor paper sketchbook.”
Don’t forget to check the thickness, weight and absorbency of the pages as well. Thinner pages will leave press-through impressions on the pages behind them.
The Sketch Book Buying Guide
- You can frame your favorite sketches and give them away as gifts or use them to decorate your home. If the sketch pad page is not the same size as a traditional frame, you can take it to a craft store and have a custom frame made.
- Sketching just a few minutes every day is a great way to improve your speed and accuracy.
- You don’t have to confine yourself to using the sketch pad for drawings only. You can also write to-do lists in them, create calendars or document your observations when bird watching. Another option is to use the pad as a visual journal, combining your written thoughts with important images that remind you about the day. If you travel, for example, you may wish to draw the Eiffel Tower and then write about the sites and sounds you experienced from the observation deck.
- Keep your sketchbook away from any liquids. Accidental spills can ruin the pad’s pages.
- When it comes time to compare sketch pad prices, you need to consider whether the book has a hard or softcover. Sketch pads with a hardcover, like the Moleskine Art Plain Sketch Book, 104-Page, command a higher price than those with soft covers, like the conda Double-Sided Hardbound Sketch Book. The Arteza Sketch Book, Pack of 3 contains multiple pads, so you’ll need to divide the number of pads by the total cost to determine the price per sketchbook.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide