Zen Spirit Premium Balanced Culinary Torch
Last updated date: December 9, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Culinary Torches and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Culinary Torch you should buy.
Update as December 21, 2021:
Checkout The Best Culinary Torch for a detailed review of all the top culinary torches.
In our analysis of 54 expert reviews, the Zen Spirit Premium Balanced Culinary Torch placed 8th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
CHEF’N IT UP WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN] Zen Spirit Foods Culinary Butane Torch Lighter will be the most convenient tool in your kitchen. You’ll find yourself fetching this mean fire machine every chance you get, especially when guests are over. Our Lightweight Premium Portable Torch is the most efficient yet manageable lighter torch to date. Temperature value is 2372° F but the actual use is around 1832° F. It’s ergonomic shape always keeps hands away from the fire. [EASY TO MANAGE GAS FLOW REGULATOR] While igniting flawlessly, you’ll find it super simple to gently adjust the built in quality knob valve’s flare intensity from lower to higher/ alternating backwards & forwards. The Continuous Flame Lock switch steadily holds live blaze for approximately 35 minutes at full capacity. Angle flow allows flame to directly heat food. You can also be sure that the brilliant wide base design is stable while standing flat & upright avoiding from tipping sideways. [EFFORTLESSLY REFILL BUTANE GAS TANK] 10 second Easy Fill Gas input. Rotate the blow torch upside down, steadily push the butane container tip into the refilling Gas Input and top off a full tank in no time at all. Wait a few moments after filling for gas to stabilize & voila, you’re all set. Best of all our Kitchen Torch has been certified under all safety regulations conditions to make sure our chefs are secure while using the refillable hand torch every single time. [HANDY FOR MORE THAN COOKING DELICACIES] Easy to use guard for acrylic paintings, Tobacco lighter & DIY projects at home. Impress your friends by browning creme brulee, baking meringues at the dinner table or roasted marshmallows smores on your next camping trip. Melt cheese, roast peppers & flame cocktails. Perfect for barbecue steaks, glazing ribs, searing sushi & delicious salmon. You can be sure that your favorite new appliance produces a hot enough scorch surface without cooking center. [BUY WITH CONFIDENCE] Child Proof. All of your Safety needs. Great price compared to most. Lighter’s absolutely worth buying. 100% Money Back Guarantee Policy. Our Excellent Customer Service Representatives will Kindly Accommodate you. We Thank You for Choosing Zen Spirit Foods. We assure you your New Premium Mini Culinary Butane Blow Torch will be your favorite new toy in the Chef’s kitchen. Butane Gas NOT included. Compare with simila
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Culinary Torches
Your favorite treats at high-end restaurants might seem out of reach when you’re cooking at home. But crème brûlée, caramelized meringue and that mouthwatering top layer of French onion soup can turn into weeknight meals with a little tool called a culinary torch.
Culinary torches (sometimes called kitchen torches) are handheld butane torches used to melt, brown, toast and caramelize food. They help you create a perfect finish on your dish without risking overcooking from additional time in the oven or on the stovetop. With a culinary torch, you can achieve a crumbly, crispy coating on your macaroni and cheese casserole (minus burnt cheddar in the middle) and browned au gratin potatoes without rock-hard spuds underneath.
Toasting the top of your meals is just the beginning of your culinary torch journey. You can also roast bell peppers with less mess and greater precision, add an extra sear to your steaks and reheat delicate fish with your kitchen torch. Sprinkling a layer of sugar on your desserts and torching it will add a sweet caramelized crunch (and it will help you create crème brûlée, one of the most delectable dishes on the dessert cart).
Butane kitchen torches are simple to use. First, you’ll want to follow your torch’s instructions on how to fill and refill the fuel chamber. A culinary torch with a see-through fuel gauge will help you keep tabs on your fuel status.
Next, take a look at your torch’s controls. Handheld torches use a trigger or a dial to ignite the flame. They often have a locking switch to keep your hands safe from unintended flames. Once the switch is unlocked, just pull the trigger or turn the dial to get cooking. If you want your flame to be larger or smaller, find your torch’s flame control dial or switch and adjust it as needed.
Some torches also come with different flame modes, like a continuous mode that keeps your flame turned on without pressing down on the ignition trigger. This feature is great for caramelizing large batches of Brussels sprouts or browning a tray of meringue desserts.
Now that you know your culinary torch basics, head over to our Tips & Advice for the nitty-gritty details.
The Culinary Torch Buying Guide
- Safety always comes first when you’re using your culinary torch. Look for a torch made from heat-resistant materials with a wide, sturdy base. Make sure you can comfortably grip the torch’s handle so you’re not fumbling as you flambé. Finger guards will keep your hands safe from the flame. You should always have a multipurpose fire extinguisher nearby when using a culinary torch.
- If you have young children in your home, make sure there are child-safe locks on your culinary torch.
- Take a look at the kind of butane you’ll need to fill up your torch before you buy it. Most torches require fuel cans with long universal filling tips. Some models are compatible with short-tipped cans, but you’ll need a screwdriver to remove any parts that are in the way.
- Always place your food on a metal cooking tray or cast iron tray before torching it. Keep your counter clear of plastics or other flammable materials while you’re using your torch.
- Clean your kitchen torch after every use — its close proximity to your food makes it susceptible to crumbs and debris. Wait for the torch to cool, then wipe it down with a clean rag.
- Store your torch vertically in a cool place and keep it away from sunlight or hot areas.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide