Zelda Matilda Children Winter Waterproof Mittens
Last updated date: March 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mittens For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mittens For Kids you should buy.
Editor's Note March 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mittens For Kids for a detailed review of all the top mittens for kids.
One of the most unique features of Zelda Matilda Children Winter Waterproof Mittens is the flex thumb design, which makes it easy to slide the mittens on and off little hands. The Taslon fabric is waterproof and insulated for comfort and warmth during outside play in the snow. These mittens also use a strap to keep them from sliding off, which some find a more comfortable option than the elastic normally used for this.
In our analysis of 31 expert reviews, the Zelda Matilda Zelda Matilda Children Winter Waterproof Mittens placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MADE TO KEEP LITTLE HANDS WARM AND TOASTY - Winter gloves for kids made of thinsulate and taslon (the good strong waterproof stuff) for a warm winter fighting waterproof combo. Plus Fleece and our super protect inner membrane which lets moisture from sweat out but doesn't let any cold or snow in! Your little ones cute hands will finally be insulated from the cold! Finally kids waterproof mittens that actually work! HOOK & LOOP CLOSURE Strap Hook & Loop closure for a tight sealed fit. No more worrying about mittens slipping off. PLUS EXTRA LONG CUFF keeps the cold air and snow from getting in these baby snow gloves. FLEX THUMB - Our proprietary flex thumb design helps hook little thumbs in so you don't have to work so hard to get those mittens on!! (now if we could only convince them to unclench their hands!) Imagine a world where baby snow mittens were not a nightmare to put on! PERFECTLY SIZED Perfect as baby winter gloves, toddler snow mittens, and children's mittens. No more size 2-5 or 4-7! We give you the size you really need! These are perfect for toddler ski gloves and great for boys winter mittens and girls mittens. Whether you like to go to ski or snowboarding or even just playing in the snow. These gloves have got you covered!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mittens For Kids
If you live in an area of the country where winters are cold, you already know the value of a good pair of gloves. For parents, though, it isn’t just about keeping your own hands warm. You have to worry about the other members of your household, including your littlest family members.
Although adults typically choose gloves for everyday use, mittens actually keep your hands warmer. Your fingers generate heat inside the mittens, promoting warmth. If you’re skiing or participating in outdoor sports, mittens will often be a better option, but as you’re going from home to work and back, you probably need your fingers to be flexible enough to easily grab on to things like your keys and your car door handle.
For children, though, that flexibility isn’t nearly as important. That’s why you’ll more often see mittens on kids rather than gloves. But the same challenges can apply, especially if your little ones are heading outside to play in the snow. Fortunately, you can find many mittens on the market today that include features like finger and palm grips.
In addition to being able to grab onto things, though, you should consider how well the mittens will insulate hands against the cold. Insulation that provides warmth without adding bulk is ideal, but also pay attention to whether the mitten is waterproof. Otherwise, you could find your child’s hands get wet while playing in snow.
The Mittens For Kids Buying Guide
- You’ll notice as you start looking at children’s mittens that there are two major options for sizing. As with clothing, you can choose between small, medium and large sizes, but that limits your choices. Mittens that provide specific sizing will let you measure your child’s hand, match it to the online size chart and find a more comfortable fit.
- Getting winterwear on and off can be a huge hassle for parents. Many mittens today are built in a way that makes it easy to get them on and off, even if your child isn’t making it easy.
- Mittens can easily slip off once they’re on. Many mittens come with elastic or a strap that holds them snugly in place, even on smaller wrists and arms.
- Pay attention to whether the mitten will slide snugly under the arm of your child’s coat. While playing outdoors in the winter, it can be easy for snow to slide underneath the sleeve of the coat.
- Keeping up with two mittens can be challenging. Some mittens are attached with an anti-lost string to ensure they stay together.
- Reflector strips on your mittens can ensure that you can find them even if you’re searching for them at night or in foggy conditions.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide