Zarbee’s Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub
Last updated date: December 7, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chest Rubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chest Rub you should buy.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Zarbee's Naturals Zarbee's Naturals Baby Soothing Chest Rub placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 5, 2020:
Checkout The Best Chest Rub for a detailed review of all the top chest rubs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
With eucalyptus and lavender essential oils, this beeswax and shea butter chest rub is formulated to gently soothe with no artificial fragrances, is menthol-free, and petroleum-free.. You can count on Zarbee's Naturals for vitamins, supplements, and options to soothe and support your whole hive. From our honey-based throat soothing* drops, to melatonin gummies, to elderberry immune support* supplements, Zarbee's Naturals has got you covered. Check out our whole line of products made of handpicked wholesome ingredients, and without any drugs, alcohol, or artificial flavors. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chest Rubs
Once cold and flu season arrives, you’ll want to have a few products on hand in case anyone in the family gets sick. One must-have item is a chest rub. Chest rubs are excellent for relieving nasal congestion, as well as for soothing chest aches and reducing coughs. When you’re ready to shop for the best chest rub, keep the following information in mind.
Choose a chest rub that meets the age requirements of the children in your home. While some rubs are safe for kids age 2 and up, others, like Maty’s All Natural Baby Chest Rub, can be used in infants as young as 3 months.
Review the ingredients carefully before you choose a chest rub. Mentholatum Natural Congestion Ointment is made using 100% natural active ingredients, while all of the ingredients in the Puriya Plant-Based Chest Rub are free of parabens and artificial fragrances. You want to avoid using any chest rubs that contain harsh chemicals, as these can irritate the skin of sensitive individuals.
Look into the company that makes the chest rub to ensure its practices match your personal convictions. For example, the JR Watkins Natural Chest Vapor Rub is 100% cruelty-free and never tests its products on animals. Other companies choose to donate a portion of their sales to charity.
DWYM Fun Fact
The two most commonly used ingredients in chest rubs are camphor oil and menthol. While you already know these elements aid in the relief of cold and flu symptoms, you may not be aware of their other lesser-known health benefits.
Camphor essential oil is a stimulant that improves circulation. It also assists in expelling gas, reduces inflammation and acts as a disinfectant to prevent infections.
Menthol oil calms the digestive system, relieves soreness from a cut or scrape by causing a cooling sensation on the skin, soothes muscle cramps and even deters pests from damaging plants.
The Chest Rub Buying Guide
- If you’ve never tried a chest rub before, you may want to stick with a brand that offers a satisfaction guarantee or warranty. You may even find a 180-day manufacturer guarantee. If you don’t feel the product works as described, you can get your money back without any problems.
- Do not heat the chest rub up in a microwave or place it in hot water or you may suffer a burn.
- Always store the chest rub where children and pets can’t get access to it, even if the ingredients are listed as all-natural.
- Chest rubs are meant for external use only and should not be consumed or placed in one’s eyes, ears or nose.
- It’s good practice to test the rub on a small area of your skin before you use it for the first time. This is the best way to determine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- When comparing chest rub prices, you’ll first need to take into consideration how many ounces are in each tub. As you compare similar-sized rubs, you’ll want to look at the ingredients. The higher the quality of ingredients, the higher you can expect the chest rub to cost.