Yvan Adjustable Space Saving Telescoping Ladder, 12.5-Foot
Last updated date: May 1, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Telescoping Ladders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Telescoping Ladder you should buy.
Update as May 1, 2022:
Checkout Reach New Heights With The Best Telescoping Ladders for a detailed review of all the top telescoping ladders.
This aluminum alloy telescoping ladder is sturdy and durable. It has a large load capacity of 330 pounds. The ladder features an intelligent locking system that provides safety and stability.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the Yvan Adjustable Space Saving Telescoping Ladder, 12.5-Foot placed 1st when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Premium Materials: Yvan‘s telescoping Extension Ladder is crafted from premium aluminum alloy.The surface of aluminium is oxidized, which can prolong the life of folding ladder.And its plastic parts is reinforced with nylon fibre to improves load capacity, stability, aging resistance and extends service life.Our telescopic ladders have a maximum load of 330lb/150kg. One Button Retraction: While guaranteeing the quality, our telescoping aluminum ladder also has One-button retraction function.Simply press the thumb buttons, this ladder will descending smoothly from its unfolded condition to compact size, So convenient. Intelligent Locking Mechanism: We have upgraded the internal structure of the collapsible ladders, our sliding ladder has intelligent locking mechanism in each rung (The red button under the rung, you can also adjust the height of the ladder as you like ), each step falls slowly and smoothly when retracting, the problem of pinching hand is completely solved. Portable and Space Saving: This foldable ladder is lightweight and easy to carry. Such folding ladders are convenient and space-saving to store. Our retractable ladder can be stored under the bed, behind the cabinet or behind the door and so on. Versatility: The maximum height of the ladder is 12.5FT (3.8m), and people can be used for household daily or hobbies, like changing bulb, paint the walls,clean the windows,climbing the tree, used as a attic ladder and so on. Our compact ladder is also compliant with safety standards to give you some peace of mind.I believe the little giant ladder can bring great convenience to people’s life.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Telescoping Ladders
Tall ladders are cumbersome to move, constantly banging into doorways and ceilings. Plus, storing them is no walk in the park. You have to have a large enough space that is easily accessible. Not only that, but ladders can also be heavy, making them difficult to transport from one place to another. This is where a telescoping ladder comes in handy.
A telescoping ladder is a lightweight alternative to a regular ladder. As the name suggests, the ladder can actually extend or telescope to various sizes such as 10 feet, 12 feet or 15 feet. It can also fully retract so that is a compact and easily portable size, around two to three feet tall. Most telescoping ladders are made from aluminum, which is sturdy and light, so a ladder usually weighs under 30 pounds.
One of the key elements to look at when buying a telescoping ladder is the length. Most telescoping ladders can be extended in one-foot increments. Check to see the maximum height of the ladder and whether it suits your needs. For most tasks around the home, a 12-foot ladder will do the trick; however, some tasks may require a 15-foot ladder. Ensure you also check the weight limit on the ladder to ensure it can adequately and safely support you. Most telescoping ladders have weight limits around 250 to 350 pounds.
While most telescoping ladders are made from aluminum, some are also made with fiberglass. Aluminum is a strong, durable and light material. Fiberglass is typically stronger than aluminum, but it also weighs more. Fiberglass ladders are also more costly than aluminum ones. However, one of the key benefits of fiberglass is that it does not conduct electricity, unlike aluminum. If you’re going to be doing a lot of electrical work, then a fiberglass ladder may be a good choice.
Portability is a key buying factor for many people. Check to see the size that the telescoping ladder can retract to. This is usually between two to three feet, with a width of one and a half to two feet. Ensure that the size fits in your storage space and in the trunk of your car.
The Telescoping Ladder Buying Guide
- As with any kind of ladder, safety is a key priority. Check to see that the telescoping ladder has wide rubber feet. This ensures that the ladder will not slip while in use. A solid base is needed to support the weight of the ladder and the person on the ladder. As a result, some telescoping ladders have fold-out anchors at the feet to provide additional stability. If the ladder does not feel stable, have a helper hold the bottom of the ladder in place while you climb up.
- A locking mechanism is vital on a telescoping ladder. Many telescoping ladders will be able to lock at one-foot increments. Ensure that the locking mechanism is on both sides of the ladder and easy to use.
- In terms of ladder positioning, a best practice is the one-to-four rule. This means that the ladder’s base should be one foot away from the wall for every four feet you extend the height. This provides a safe angle that is stable and secure.
- If you have to lean over while on the ladder, this means that it is not in the right position. This could result in falls and slips, which can be dangerous from tall heights. Instead of leaning, climb down the ladder, re-adjust the positioning, and climb up again.
- Carefully inspect and maintain your ladder on a regular basis to ensure it is safe to use. If you have an aluminum ladder, look for any loose rivets, dents or bent parts. Fiberglass ladders can end up with cracks and chips.
- After every use of your ladder, especially in instances where you are using water, oil or paint, be sure to wipe down the ladder at each rung. This will make sure the ladder isn’t slippery or sticky at your next use.
- If you are at the top of a ladder and begin to feel dizzy or disoriented, do not climb down immediately. Instead, it’s best to hold on to the ladder tightly, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to allow the feeling to pass. You can then climb down slowly. Climbing down while you feel dizzy may cause you to fall.
- While telescoping ladders are easy to store since they can retract to such a small size, it’s important to keep them in an accessible space. This makes it more likely for you to use them. if they are hidden in the back of a closet or behind shelves in a garage, you may not want to go looking for them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide