YnM Therapeutic Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds
Last updated date: August 31, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Weighted Blankets For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Weighted Blanket For Kids you should buy.
Update as August 31, 2022:
Checkout The Best Weighted Blanket For Kids for a detailed review of all the top weighted blankets for kids.
The YnM Kids Weighted Blanket, 7-Pounds is made out of a breathable fabric that wicks away moisture and keeps kids cool. Even bead distribution keeps the beads from falling to the edges of the blanket.
In our analysis of 61 expert reviews, the YnM Therapeutic Weighted Blanket for Kids, 7-Pounds placed 10th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
YNM YnM is a premium-grade weighted blanket that helps relax your body by simulating the feeling of being held or hugged, making you fall asleep faster and sleep better throughout the night. After years of research and practical application and learning from our countless customer feedbacks and reviews, the YnM R&D team achieved this fabulous 2.0 Weighted Blanket. YNM YNM YNM YNM YNM YNM YNM 2.0 WEIGHTED BLANKET Smaller compartments The three-dimensional lock bead sewing method 7-Layer system Finest stitching( 2.5-3mm one stitch) Oeko-Tex certified fabric Premium glass beads SMALLER COMPARTMENTS FOR MORE EVENLY DISTRIBUTION Perfect compartments dimension design after numerous experiments and customers reviews Adults Size: 4.7”x4.7” one compartment Children Size: 4”x4” one compartment LEAKAGE FREE Updated 2.0 7-layer YnM Weighted Blanket with THREE-DIMENSIONAL LOCK BEAD SEWING METHOD to completely avoid the risk of bead leakage CUSTOMIZABLE DUVET COVER Multiple duvets are available in YnM, including premium cotton, cooling bamboo and soft minky material. Highly recommend to invest several duvets for different weather and room decor, and most importantly for easy care. YNM Reminder: 1. YnM weighted blanket is the most breathable one due to the unique technologies in manufacturing so it boost better temperature control than others. But it may also feel hot for hot sleepers in warm days due to its weight, so a fan or an AC is recommended in summer. In cold days just add a YNM minky quilted duvet cover which can add warmth & snug feeling. 2. If you are tall than 5’5”, you should choose queen or king size weighted blanket with the length over 80” long, or your feet may stick out the weighted blanket . 3. A weighted blanket would small than same size ordinary blanket because it is supposed to cover your body other than your bed. Please be rest assured it is correct size when you see a twin/queen weighted blanket is smaller than anticipated. It is OK when a weighted blanket can’t barely cover the mattress. 4. For the first few nights, you may feel it is too heavy or too light weight. Getting used to a weighted blanket takes about 2-7 days, please bear with the magic weighted blanket a few more days. 5. Please choose separate weighted blankets if body weight varies much between you and your partner(>100lbs difference)
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Weighted Blankets For Kids
A weighted blanket may help your child relax at the end of a long day. Weighted blankets are heavy blankets that are filled with materials like plastic pellets or glass beads. Being under the weight of this kind of blanket can provide a sense of security and calm for both children and adults.
There are many benefits to using a weighted blanket. The extra weight on top of the child when they sleep helps them feel as though they being hugged. This can be very soothing for children of all ages. Weighted blankets don’t just have to be used at night time. They can also provide comfort during the day if your child is having a difficult time. Sometimes, just sitting on the couch with a weighted blanket can also provide comfort.
Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket is something that needs to be right for the child’s size. Do not use an adult’s blanket on a child. Weighted blankets for children should be no more than 10% of the child’s body weight. So if your child is 50 pounds, for example, then the weighted blanket should weigh no more than 5 pounds. Before using a weighted blanket for a child, be sure to consult with your doctor. Keep in mind that children under one year of age should not use a weighted blanket. When buying a weighted blanket, look for one that fits your child’s body, not their whole bed. If the blanket is too big, it will get dragged towards the ground because of the extra weight. As a result, the blanket may fall off the bed, disrupting your child’s sleep and sense of comfort.
The Weighted Blanket For Kids Buying Guide
- When selecting a weighted blanket for your child, the first things to look at are the size and weight of the blanket. It’s important to ensure that the blanket is no more than 10% of your child’s body weight for safety reasons. Plus, the blanket should fit the child’s body but not be too big. If it is, it can fall to the floor and disrupt their sleep. Some weighted blankets are available in various weights starting at 5 pounds and maxing out at 23 pounds. Others measure 41 by 60 inches, and are designed for children around 80 pounds.
- In addition to the actual weight of the blanket, it’s important to look at the weight distribution. Weighted blankets are effective when the weight of the pellets inside the material is evenly distributed across the blanket. However, in some blankets, the pellets have a tendency to slide down to the edges so the weight is no longer even. Look for a model that has seams of 4 by 4-inch squares across the blanket to ensure that the pellets stay even and don’t fall down towards the edges.
- As with all children’s products, look for a weighted blanket that can be washed and easily cleaned. Many weighted blankets can be used with a duvet cover, so the outer layer can be washed when it gets dirty. Some models come with a removable cover so maintenance is headache-free.
- Keep the fabric of the blanket in mind, ensuring your child isn’t allergic to the material. A breathable fabric, like bamboo or natural cotton, ensures they won’t get too warm under it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide