YAJUA Wooden Trompos Spinning Tops, 3-Count
Last updated date: May 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Spinning Tops for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis, the YAJUA YAJUA Wooden Trompos Spinning Tops, 3-Count placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SIZE AND DESIGN: Small top: 2 ¾” x 1 ⅝” x 1 ⅝” in RED, BLUE and GREEN in one shareable package. NOVICE TO INTERMEDIATE TOPS: This top is highly reliable and long lasting, due to its size and density the spinning top requires between novice and intermediate skill. OUTSTANDING QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP: These spinning tops (trompos) are a nostalgic part of many generations and it will be preserved for years to come, each top is handcrafted and quality is superb.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Spinning tops have been played with by children and adults for thousands of years. It is unclear specifically when and where they were invented as they have been found by archeologists around the world on every continent except Antarctica. In the Middle East, clay tops have been discovered dating as far back as 3,500 BC. In Turkey, tops made from ceramic and terra cotta have been found, dating to 3,000 BC. In China, archeologists have discovered wooden tops dating to 1,240 BC.
Why have spinning tops been so popular across history? It could be that their shape is derived from nature, resembling a simple acorn. It’s unclear whether this would have been the inspiration for the spinning top, but it is interesting that people have played with them independently all over the world. Historians believe the first ever spinning tops were likely made out of natural objects, such as a seed or nut with a stick or thorn stuck to the middle of it.
Today, spinning tops are made from a variety of materials, from titanium to plastic to wood to stainless steel. While they may have been a simple pastime for children, today tops are enjoyed by people of all ages who love to see how long they can get their top to spin for. Once the top starts spinning, it is mesmerizing to watch it go round and round. People love to try different spinning strategies to see which way will result in the longest spin.
The Buying Guide
- There are tons of spinning top games you can try. A challenging one is spinning top bowling, where the bowling ball is replaced by the top. You can use almost anything as pins, as long as they are tall and lightweight – think markers or dowels. The goal is to spin the top in a straight line towards the pins and knock them down, just like in regular bowling.
- The classic game of Simon Says is another great activity to incorporate into spinning tops, especially if you and your friends like to learn new tricks. Have one person be Simon and conduct different tricks with the tops, such as cool spins or flips, and have others follow suit and replicate them.
- For those who love the game of curling, you can actually play it with spinning tops as well. All you need is some sidewalk chalk to draw circle targets on the ground. Then spin the tops and try to have them land within the targets. Assign points to the targets so you can see who wins.
- Do you know how to spin a top so that it can withstand a few hits and nudges? If so, try a battle game with your friends. Let your tops go at the same time in a confined space to see whose will last the longest and whose can keep going even if they get bumped around by other tops. If you want to take this game up a notch, consider releasing multiple tops from each player so they can battle as a “team”. This way, you have multiple chances of winning and knocking down your opponent’s tops.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide